Backup shares and DB? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone,
         I am just learning about WHS backups. I do understand how to backup the shares with WHS backups, and I do understand that there is only a 3rd party add-in that allows an automated backup of the WHS DB (to backup the workstation backups).

My question is, with the WHS Backup, is there any way to have it include the WHS DB so that running one backup will backup both the shares and the workstation backups??

Thank you for the help.

-David
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:22 PM

All replies

• Hey everyone,
         I am just learning about WHS backups. I do understand how to backup the shares with WHS backups, and I do understand that there is only a 3rd party add-in that allows an automated backup of the WHS DB (to backup the workstation backups).

My question is, with the WHS Backup, is there any way to have it include the WHS DB so that running one backup will backup both the shares and the workstation backups??

Thank you for the help.

-David

Only if you used the BDBB add-in to backup the backup database to a share on the server (which could then be included in the WHS backups).  (Try saying that 3 times fast.  :)  )
    Friday, August 28, 2009 12:15 AM