External Hard-Drive backup, reset computer to factory settings and then restoring data to new computer from the external hard-dr RRS feed

• Question

• I have made an external hard-drive backup to my computer which i have been operating for 4 years and restored my computer to factory reset settings after the back-up was made..  Then, I began downloading manually from the internet programs which were essential to my daily needs.  I downloaded the OneCare from Windows Market Place, though I already had a new subscription.  I need help from Windows OneCare on work order FRX1078524815.

This includes instructions on how to get selected elements from the external hard drive onto my working computer, and reinstating my original subscription of one care.  Please assist.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 4:13 PM

Answers

• To activate, open One Care,select "Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID use the Live ID and password associated with your subscription. Your subscription status will be recognized and One Care will activate. How to restore files from One Care backups - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944171/en-us

Sunday, September 28, 2008 4:24 PM