none
VS2017 Error: Referenced package not found, when starting Mobile Emulator RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an ASP.net Azure hosted website.  I am adding a mobile version of the ASP.net site to the project.  I'm trying to debug using the Mobile Emulator 10.  The emulator OS starts, but I get a popup that says, "Referenced package not found."

There is not output or anything regarding which package is not being referenced...

I have checked the system requirements as suggested in this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/debug-test-perf/test-with-the-emulator

Regards,

jpe9980

Monday, September 18, 2017 4:09 PM

All replies

• Hi jpe9980,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

During research, I found you reported this issue on the Asp.net forum: VS2017 Error: Referenced package not found, when starting Mobile Emulator and think about your Windows 10 Mobile emulator installed successfully, Dillon recommended you raise up this issue on Windows 10 Tools forum.

Since our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, to seek for a more professional support and please redirect to the Windows 10 Tools forum.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. If you have any other issue about the VS IDE in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:05 AM
  • When starting a question, After I select the Development Forum Category, there isn't an option for Windows 10 Tools forum.  How do I find the option?

Regards,

JPE9980

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:21 PM
  • Hi jpe9980,

Thank you for your update.

Please check this: PLEASE READ: How do I post a Known Issue to this forum? and it describes the following information:

This is a Moderator only forum for posting Known Issues with the Windows 10 SDK and Tools.

If are a Microsoft Product team member and you want to post a Known issue to the forum as a Moderator, please send an email to Franklin Chen and Fang Peng (they are in the GAL) requesting access using this template.

Subject: "Need access to the Known Issues forum"

Body: MSDN Profile name: <your_MSDN_Profile_name> (not your Microsoft name)

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:36 AM
  • The instructions say you have to be a Moderator or Microsoft Product team member.  I don't work for Microsoft.  I don't have access to your Global Address List....  
    Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:00 PM
  • Hi jpe9980,

If you create a new UWP application and debug using the Mobile Emulator 10, it works or not?

Best regards,

Sara

Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:41 AM
  • It works if I create a new UWP application, but not an ASP.net Web Site.
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:52 PM
  • Hi jpe9980,

Thank you for your update.

>>I have an ASP.net Azure hosted website.

To be honest, our forum is to discuss the VS IDE. I am not familiar with the ASP.NET website development, maybe you can redirect to this: https://stackoverflow.com/ and raise up this issue with tag like [azure-emulator], [azure-web-sites], [asp.net] to seek for a more professional support.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

Friday, September 22, 2017 6:28 AM