Setting the Region & Canonicalization Issue for my Malta website RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 issues related to my Malta blog and will appreciate if Live moderators can look into them ...

(a) Region setting in my Webmaster Center has changed from 'us' to 'cc' just recently. At the same, I started to lose rankings in Live Search US when this happened too. I understand that Live's bot might now be looking at the domain name extension to set region, but this is not always a good indication. In fact my website's registrant/administrative details have always included my local details, i.e. Malta (MT Europe). As regarding hosting, it's been always on a US server, since 2002. How can I remove any association with 'cc' without changing domain name of course?

(b) Homepage has always been showing as www(dot)malta.cc in serps, although I changed it to just malta.cc over a year ago now. A 301 redirect was made back then and whilst all internal urls are correctly listed, the homepage is still to-date displayed with 'www'. Is there a reason why the homepage is not displayed as malta.cc only?

Thanks in anticipation for your feedback.
    • Edited by Malteseo Monday, May 25, 2009 6:12 PM
    Monday, May 25, 2009 1:50 PM