Money Plus Deluxe Not Working on Windows 10 After Working for 3 Days RRS feed

• Question

• I apologize if this kind of question has been answered on the forum and I have not yet located it. Bought a new computer with Windows 10 64bit and installed Money Plus Deluxe from the original installation CD. So far so good. I was able to launch the program and restore the data from backup and it worked fine for several days. Even better. This morning, however, I am getting an error message: "Microsoft Money has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working properly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The message comes up about 30 seconds after entering the password.

I have tried disabling the online services by the Firewall rule posted in the forum.

If this issue is resolved I will also run into an issue with the registration key in 60 days. I have the key but it no longer works since I have probably exceeded the number of allowed installs. Any way around this one?

Should I uninstall the program and download the sunset plus version and then restore the data again from backup?

Fortunately I still have the old PC which awhile back was forced into a 10 upgrade which is really overtaxing it. Money does still work but it does seem slow. Haven't tried the firewall block trick on that just yet. 

Thanks for any advice/direction.

Jeff Rahn

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:49 PM

Answers

• First, uninstall Money Plus Deluxe, then install Money Plus Sunset available through a link in the second sticky post.

After the installation is finished, replace the installed mnyob99.dll file with the patched version as described in the first sticky post. That prevents a possible freeze/crash that can occur in Money.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:53 AM

All replies

• First, uninstall Money Plus Deluxe, then install Money Plus Sunset available through a link in the second sticky post.

After the installation is finished, replace the installed mnyob99.dll file with the patched version as described in the first sticky post. That prevents a possible freeze/crash that can occur in Money.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:53 AM
  • Thanks Bob! That seems to have done the trick!

There has always been a 10 second lag when clicking on the Bills link and around a 15 second lag when entering a payment from Bills. Is there any way to speed this up? I probably have 20+ years of transaction history but I don't know if that would cause the lag issue. Thanks again for your help and the posting of others that have provided valuable direction in this forum. 

Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:30 AM
  • I suggest you try the Remove Bills feature on a copy of your *.mny file. That way you could see if you like the results.

File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData

This Remove All Bills Data feature would be for people who have
    experienced their Money file to run excessively slow.

To get some information within the program,
    File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData
    Read the information. Then click cancel.

Before proceeding, make an extra copy or backup of your file
    in case you want to undo something.

The problem will be that if you remove all bills, you will probably
    want to add at least some of your bills back.  This can be done
    manually with the aid of the reports that you print out before
    removing the bills.

A technique that could help simplify re-entering your bills
    afterward would be to go your register and selecting a
    representative instance of your past bill and selecting "Make
    Recurring" (Ctrl+E).  This would be especially helpful if the bill
    is complex, such as involving a split.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 3:43 PM