System.ArgumentException: The FileSyncProvider received an unexpected error while applying a synchronized change RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I successfully used SyncToy to retrieve a set of files from a Sharepoint location to my local system.  Using the same folder pair, I added files to my local sync location with the intention of having those files added to Sharepoint.

Running "Preview" properly indicates these are new files, and that they will be uploaded to Sharepoint (right folder in my case).

Upon clicking run, I recieve  an "Exception during run" message with the "The FileSyncProvider received an unexpected error while applying a synchronized change" error listed from the stack trace below.

Anybody have any ideas?

SYNC: 02/04/2009 07:54:05:890: *** Exception during run: {0} :
     System.ArgumentException: The FileSyncProvider received an unexpected error while applying a synchronized change.
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.CoreInterop.ISyncSession.Start(CONFLICT_RESOLUTION_POLICY resolutionPolicy, _SYNC_SESSION_STATISTICS& pSyncSessionStatistics)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.DoOneWaySyncHelper(SyncIdFormatGroup sourceIdFormats, SyncIdFormatGroup destinationIdFormats, KnowledgeSyncProviderConfiguration destinationConfiguration, SyncCallbacks DestinationCallbacks, ISyncProvider sourceProxy, ISyncProvider destinationProxy, Int32& changesApplied, Int32& changesFailed)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.DoOneWayKnowledgeSync(SyncProvider sourceProvider, SyncProvider destinationProvider, Int32& changesApplied, Int32& changesFailed)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.SyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()
       at SyncToy.SyncEngine.CreateAndStartSession(FileSyncProvider destinationProvider, FileSyncProvider sourceProvider)
       at SyncToy.SyncEngine.RunSyncSessionsForChosenSyncType(FileSyncProvider leftProvider, FileSyncProvider rightProvider, SyncMode syncMode)
       at SyncToy.SyncEngine.Run(Boolean previewMode)
       at SyncToy.SyncEngine.Sync()
       at SyncToyUI.PreviewDialog.RunOnePair(SyncEngine syncEngine)
    SYNC:
    02/04/2009 07:54:05:890: *** Exception during run: The FileSyncProvider received an unexpected error while applying a synchronized change.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hi -

One folder pair is probably working fine because there are no changed being sync'ed upto the Sharepoint server. We are aware of this problem and have fixed it in our next release.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Friday, June 26, 2009 5:37 PM

All replies

• I have exactly the same problem, so I should also be pleased to find a cure.
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 4:24 PM
  • Same issue with me, too.. anyone knows why?
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 8:58 AM
  • Hi -
    The exception is because you cannot upto a Sharepoint server ( only download from it). We will fix this in our next release.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:35 AM
  • I am not using sharepoint and I got the same error when synchrinizing a windows folder
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:59 PM
  • Hi Deepa,

I got the same error as David Turkel, when I try to sync from a network device to a sharepoint mapped device.
    I got the Sync V2.0.
    I got 2 pairs and only one got this error, the other one runs fine.

Best regards and thanks,

Nuno Casalinho
    Friday, June 26, 2009 5:29 PM
  • Hi -

One folder pair is probably working fine because there are no changed being sync'ed upto the Sharepoint server. We are aware of this problem and have fixed it in our next release.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Friday, June 26, 2009 5:37 PM
  • Same error message for me.  I'm trying to sync with a USB connected drive.  Running Synctoy 2.0 version 2.0.100.0.  Had a successful backup on May 26th.  Any solutions will be appreciated.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 2:59 AM