Multiconference call flow RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'd like to know the flow of the call in a multi-conference (A/V) between h.323/sip and several SW clients (no firewall in the middle):

is the A/V going to the MCU server and then to the involved recipers or is directly connected to the caller?

in case is a point to point video-call (sip phone and sw client)?

Was in LCS 2005 the same?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:52 PM

All replies

• With OCS, all the parties in a conference are connected to the A/V conferencing server. If you have external parties (outside the firewall) they connect to the A/V edge, which then passes through to the conferencing server.

OCS doesn't currently support 3rd party sip or H323 endpoints, although I understand that MS is building relationships with Polycom and Tandberg to support selected conferencing endpoints from those vendors. As of now, I've not seen any possible integration with other vendors.

LCS 2005 only did peer-to-peer audio and video calls.

Regards,

Matt

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:43 PM
  • To my knowledge, there is no reliable H323/SIP gateway available at the moment.  However, you can support some functionalities with SIP enabled endpoints from vendors like Tandberg and Polycom.  Regarding MCU support, Codian MCU 4500 would be the one that work best with OCS if you want to support business class multipoint video calls and bring in MOC PC endpoints. 

Monday, February 11, 2008 11:12 PM