Could not find stored procedure 'p_HardDelete'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 2812). The step failed. RRS feed

• Question

• ·    Business Goal: Discover the need (or lack thereof) of the Hard Delete stored procedure

·         Repro Steps: Occurrence is hourly when SQL Server Agent runs the job

·         Expected Results: No error message

·         Actual Results: The error message only goes back a couple days so I'm not sure when the problem started.

·         Environment: We have MSCRM 2013 On Premise running on the min req for the new version. Both CRM and SQL are on the same box. The email router is on a separate server that also has Exchange and AD. We have updated to UR2.

So, I'm trying to figure why the HardDelete job no longer runs and according to an article I found, the HardDelete job in SQL doesn't do anything anymore because the Async service took over that role. Does CRM 2013 need the hourly HardDelete job in SQL Server? If not, I plan to disable that job.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emeadcrmsupport/archive/2011/06/28/crm-deletion-service-in-crm-4-0-and-crm-2011.aspx

Eric Hula - CRM Administrator

Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:13 PM

All replies

• I checked in the stored procedure list in MSCRM_CONFIG and as it suggests the hard delete procedure is gone. Is this normal?

Date 8/23/2016 9:00:00 AM
    Log Job History (MSCRM_CONFIG.HardDelete)

Step ID 1
    Server SERVER
    Job Name MSCRM_CONFIG.HardDelete
    Step Name Step
    Duration 00:00:00
    Sql Severity 16
    Sql Message ID 2812
    Operator Emailed
    Operator Net sent
    Operator Paged
    Retries Attempted 0

Executed as user: SERVER\sqladmin. Could not find stored procedure 'p_HardDelete'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 2812).  The step failed.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:45 PM
  • My guess is that the service might not have the correct access to the MSCRM_Config database or else SQL Agent isn't running?
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 4:25 PM
  • I think it would have given me a permission/access issue if that were the root cause. My point is that the stored procedure which should live in the MSCRM_CONFIG database is no longer there. I can add a screenshot if you want.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:15 PM