Changing Quote Status with Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• We have a lot of old quotes that are currently in Statecode Draft, Statuscode Draft and we want to change the status using workflow to Statecode Closed, Statuscode Dead (we added to attribute).  The workflow is OnDemand, set to User.  When I run the workflow on a Quote in Draft Statuscode, it goes into Waiting with an error message "The status of the record has changed.  The action cannot be completed."  If I run against a Quote with statecode Active, statuscode Pending, same thing happens but I get a different error message (generic) of " An error has occurred.  Try this action again.  If the problem continues....blah blah.

We can successfully run workflow to change statuscode from Draft to Pending or from Pending to Draft.  This is a simple 1 step workflow, and I cannot figure out why it will not work.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Ken Compter
    Monday, March 21, 2011 8:56 PM

Answers

• Well I finally found our problem.  Many of the quotes were from the original import and did not have a value in the Name field.  Apparently the Name field must contain a value for the Active statecode to be changed to Closed.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ken Compter
    • Marked as answer by kcompter Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:07 AM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:07 AM

All replies

• Hello Ken,

Please check the trace error. To enable trace, read this article: http://www.bizforward.cws-international.com/2011/02/11/crm-2011-enable-tracing/.

Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer & Entrepreneur

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Biz-Forward.comCroitoriu.NET

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:58 AM
  • Hi Ken,

It seems that it's not possible to update quote statusses directly from Draft to any Closed status but it is possible to update from Active to a Closed status. So your workflow should contain two steps.

1. Update status from Draft to Active
    2. Update status from Active to statecode Closed, statuscode Dead

Good luck!

Bertil

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:21 AM
  • When I do as you suggest, the quote goes into a Waiting condition.  When I open the Workflow and open the specific quote it just gives me the generic "an error has occured message.
    Ken Compter
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:53 PM
  • Well I finally found our problem.  Many of the quotes were from the original import and did not have a value in the Name field.  Apparently the Name field must contain a value for the Active statecode to be changed to Closed.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ken Compter
    • Marked as answer by kcompter Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:07 AM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:07 AM