only 3 pages indexed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Brett

I come back in the forum one month after my last thread? On half november, Live search show 8 pages indexed. My site was crawled on december 9th and now results are 3 pages indexed (http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site:www.anuo.be). Msn bot has lost or erase the homepage and don't follow urls, now I have more than 7500 pages in this directory. Ten days ago I put a xml sitemap on root and use ping method for submit it but no results. On 2 months NO ONE VISITOR by live search. When i ask yahoo the number of indexed pages the response is 768 pages, 158 for gigablast and 338 for google and these search engine send visitors. What can i do ? If i have to submit manually the 7500 url it is impossible because number of pages increase daily. Can you help me to have better results ?
    Monday, December 15, 2008 8:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You might try updating your changefreq dates in you sitemap to "daily". I also strongly suggest you read our FAQs located at the top of this forum and the ranking forum for ideas about how to rank better.

Friday, December 19, 2008 4:13 PM

All replies

• and two days after the post above, i have only one page indexed. I read post from Jeremiah Andrick but I don't understand why msnbot erase himself crawling results. Anybody has explanation ?
    Friday, December 19, 2008 7:24 AM
  • Hi,

You might try updating your changefreq dates in you sitemap to "daily". I also strongly suggest you read our FAQs located at the top of this forum and the ranking forum for ideas about how to rank better.

Friday, December 19, 2008 4:13 PM
  • Hi Brett
    One month ago, I have 3 pages indexed in Live search and now 2 (on 9500) I re-submit homepage 15 days ago whitout result. I submit also a sitemap.xml with ping method - The last visit from msnbot is on december 12 th for one page and december 31 th for the second.

What can I do ? do I submit home page for third time ? Placing a direct link on the home page for sitemap ? as the home page is not indexed i would have no result. I REALLY need help. My directory is online since 3 months and belgian people use also live search but with two pages ...

Yahoo have indexed 814 pages and 604 for google. I receive visits from these 2 search engines
    Can you take a look to anuo.be and say me why msnbot don't index homepage or dont follow links

Thanks for your help - jacques

Monday, January 12, 2009 12:04 PM
  • I'm not Brett, but had a quick look at your site ...

(a) To start with, you have over 250 html validation errors according to w3c. You should fix these issues if you want to be sure your users and bots can access your website properly.

(b) Although Yahoo says you have thousands of incoming links, they originate from a handful of websites. I suggest you check search engine guidelines about ideas how to generate good quality links, etc.

It's not a matter of how many pages you have in the index. Although you have more pages on Google & Yahoo, that's not an indication of ranking successfully. I think that since Live Search's index is smaller than that of Google, they are more selective in choosing which websites (or pages) to keep in the index. Always in my opinion, I suggest you do your best to optimize your website first and goodluck!

Monday, January 12, 2009 3:41 PM
  •  

Hi

about yahoo

"Yahoo says you have thousands of incoming links"

It is really impossible. With link:www.anuo.be in Yahoo the response is :

You know meaby another command ?

The problem is : on oktober 11th, the homepage was indexed (with 7 another) by msnbot but 15 days after, this result disapear and the bot never follow links. When you ask to Live site: www.anuo.be, it give only 2 results. The other sarch engines give also results from this forum, msn don't do that. Or Alexa.com who is powered by microsoft live search, I can read results including my posts on this forum but i see nothing on msn.be

When you ask anuo.be in Ixquick or another metasearch engines who deliver also results from Msn, the response is anuo is find on globbe trotter, all the web, altavista, gigablast, ask or excite and nothing from Msn.

I say in my post i have submitted twice the url and a sitemap with ping command but without result.

For ranking, google give a PR2, that no so bad after 3 months

Thanks for your time to give me explanations but I should be VERY VERY happy when msn send to me a real FIRST visitor - meaby next year ?

Jacques
    Monday, January 12, 2009 10:47 PM
  •  

Hey mate,

As far as I know the proper command to check links on Yahoo for your domain will be:

linkdomain:anuo.be -domain:anuo.be

It reports over 4,000 on yahoo.com however the majority from webbieworld.com. There are less than 15 from different unique IPs as you said. Although submitting the url to Live and creating a sitemap should help indexing, there is no guarantee pages will stay in the index. You are merely giving bots pointers to look at your site, however there are many other factors which can influence whether you will get indexed or actually stay in the index. This is same with all search engines, however I guess all have different criterias.

PR1 & 2 on Google can be reached quite easily, however keep up the good work and am sure you will manage to be listed on Live Search too. It just takes more time and effort (always in my opinion).

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 8:04 AM
  • Hello brett

I come back on this post because since 10 days i have none page indexed in livesearch. The other search engines continue to index the different pages from my directory but msnbot erase his work. What can I do now five months after launching ?

jacques
    Monday, February 16, 2009 7:48 AM