none
Suggestion: "Answer a question" link feature RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, just had a thought while trolling for questions to answer (its becoming a bit of a hobby).

How about an extra link below 'Ask a question' with 'Answer a question' which could be configured by the user to bring up a filtered list in there domains of knowledge with questions waiting to be answered - if you really wanted to get into it you could have a cooperative system where others using the feature could give the question a difficulty rating if they did not know the answer themselves...

It would be disabled by default but then as a users patterns indicated they were interested in making contributions they would be made aware of it and the forums user experience could be tailored with that goal in mind.

Just a thought,

Shane Norris,
    www.norlesh.com
    Friday, March 20, 2009 11:53 AM

All replies

• How is this different from browsing a forum with the All Threads = Unanswered filter turned on?
    Hans Passant.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 1:00 PM
  • Your rite you have more or less the same end result that way but I'm just thinking from a user experience point of view

I guess its sort of like the difference between going to a super store or going to a specialty shop for what you want - you still get what you need but ones more convenient (analogies aren't my strong suit)

- it actually occurred to me when I thought about going to a couple of other forums to see what questions were outstanding there. After navigate back and forth between the first listings of a couple of forums I got over it and went back to my preferred forum. [the only topic i'm actively learning at the moment is VSX, but if I were exposed to any questions on general C# or something I could answer quickly without needing to do research then I would]

regards,
    Shane Norris
    www.norlesh.com
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 1:35 PM
  • I'm not sure if this will help but if you check out our new preview of our next release of forums we'll have a link for "My Forums" and "My Forum Threads" so you can see a combined thread list of all your 'favorite' forums and then you could turn the "unanswered" filter on after that.  It might help your scenario part way.
    Sam Jarawan Social Platform Forums - Senior Development Lead
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 10:11 PM
  • I'll give it a try,
    cheers
    Shane
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 5:29 PM