none
Want to make an '.exe' of my own software including offline database (Oracle 10g) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have made a 'Solution' in Visual Studio which is written in C# and it has more than 15 .cs files. I have used Oracle 10g as the database of the 'Solution'.

Now I want to make it a complete software with '.exe' extension's installation file. I want to use all my Database tables offline. there will be no internet or server support. all the data will be stored in the device where the software will be installed.

What steps should I follow?

Should I install Oracle 10g to the device where I want to install my own software? or It will just work after Installing my software. 

Note: I want to make a installation file of my software where the software will start work after installing it to any device.The software must not need any server support. It must use the Database tables offline to retrieve and store data in the device memory.  

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:10 AM

All replies

• For installing Oracle 10g do a search for "oracle 10g silent install" as it's not a simple process.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:24 AM
  • Hi Ariful Islam Fahim,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, your issue is more related to Oracle. Therefore, it will be more appropriate to ask your question in Oracle Forums

The C# forum is for C# related question, we discuss and ask the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools here. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:47 AM