Subscription paid, still tells me to renew. RRS feed

• Question

•  

If anyone can help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.  Here are some specifics.

I had the subscription, however, did not realize that the card being charged was an old one (I moved and switched banks).  I put in the new information, and the $49.95 charge cleared my account on 9/29/2008.  I have checked the billing page, and it's showing that my account is canceled (I didn't cancel it, Microsoft must have done it automatically after the failed charge back in June or July).  But it's showing that the payment was made on 9/28/2008.  Now the problem....  OneCare still has the red icon in the tray, and tells me that I have to renew, and that I can't do **** until I do.  Well, I have, and I'm very frustrated and disappointed that this is taking so long.  I didn't know an electronic payment would take a week to clear.  If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it, and if anyone at Microsoft sees this, I'd appreciate the credit to my expiration date to the date that you guys fix this and allow me to access and utilize a program that I have paid for and am not being able to utilize at 100%.

Account ID: 00000-00000-01477-45984

Sunday, October 5, 2008 4:58 AM

Answers

• Renewal takes effect on the date that your current subscription expires and that it can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare if you are renewing within 30 days of expiration and 5 days if renewal was performed between 90 and 30 days before expiration.

If you've waited the appropriate period, and your subscription to OneCare shows incorrect or expired in OneCare

• Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About…
    • Open OneCare and click "Check for Updates" to have OneCare check for updated credentials

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 10:58 PM

All replies

• i have the same problem, i guess we have to wait 24-48 hrs
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 11:21 PM
  • Renewal takes effect on the date that your current subscription expires and that it can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare if you are renewing within 30 days of expiration and 5 days if renewal was performed between 90 and 30 days before expiration.

If you've waited the appropriate period, and your subscription to OneCare shows incorrect or expired in OneCare

• Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About…
    • Open OneCare and click "Check for Updates" to have OneCare check for updated credentials

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 10:58 PM
  • Well, I finally got help, but the issue is still open.

From Support, I talked to a supervisor on Sunday 10/5.  Supposedly since I didn't change my card, the account was marked as "Canceled".  I made the payment, and the webpage didn't tell me that my account wouldn't be reactivated.  I didn't get a call from Microsoft, nor an e-mail stating that they had funds that weren't going to accomplish the reactivation.  So basically Microsoft had control of my money that wouldn't be applied to anything.  I was told by this supervisor that the funds would be refunded to me within 3 days and that I would have to uninstall the program from my computer, and then reinstall the program and start a new account.  I left it at that, and figured I would watch my account for the refund.

Four days have now passed.  The funds aren't in my account, so I called back.  Upon investigation, I found that Microsoft has sent the refund to the card that the charges failed on back in the summer.  I also looked back in my records, and this card was reported stolen over a year ago.  So Microsoft has now deposited funds into an account linked to a stolen card.  The funny thing is that this card was removed on 9/28 (as quoted by customer service) and the refund was processed on 10/7 (also quoted by customer service.  10 days after removal, and verified by customer service).  I'm now being told that it will take 7-10 days for a new refund, and it is my responsibility to contact the bank to get the funds back to Microsoft.  I don't see the logic is in this, but if Microsoft wants that money back, they can call the bank and tell them that they screwed up (personally, I'd love to have a copy of the recording of that call and copies of any hard copy letters sent to the bank).  I have also requested a call from headquarters to figure out how this all happened.

This is very frustrating, and Microsoft has had control of this money for 11 days now and I still have limited use of OneCare.  I sure hope there is compensation.  I guess the moral of the story is that all of us customers should be perfect, and never let anything slip our minds, otherwise we will end up being the victims and Microsoft will come out smelling like a rose.

Friday, October 10, 2008 4:59 AM
  • I'm sorry to read of the continued problems you've encountered with this. :-( If it doesn't get resolved, please let me know and I'll see if I can get it escalated. (I'd need the support case ID...)

-steve

Friday, October 10, 2008 4:56 PM