Using WHS_Recovery_DLL in .NET project RRS feed

• Question

• How do I use WHS_Recovery_DLL.dll in a C# project? I tried adding a reference to it, but got an error like "A reference to WHS_Recovery_DLL.dll could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component."

Please let me know how to do build the server recovery functionality using .NET, if at all it is possible. I'd appreciate some quick help because this is a bit urgent for me.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:38 PM

Answers

• the files should be in the OPK DVD, you're looking in the correct place - I'd believe they're a newer addition though.  when the next build is available give it a try?

-CG

Thursday, June 7, 2007 3:25 AM

All replies

• using C# for recovery should be possible but you'll have to pInvoke into the DLL, look for examples of calling into DLL's from C#

Saturday, June 2, 2007 1:31 AM
  • Thanks, I was doing just that.

I can post this as a separate thread if needed - but I don't see the files required to make the winpe image for server recovery in the OPK DVD. The guidelines doc mention that there is a winpe folder in the disc, but I only see the client restore files and not the server recovery ones. Are you guys planning to ship it in the next release? Or do we need to use the WAIK and create one on our own?

Monday, June 4, 2007 5:18 PM
  • the files should be in the OPK DVD, you're looking in the correct place - I'd believe they're a newer addition though.  when the next build is available give it a try?

-CG

Thursday, June 7, 2007 3:25 AM