Disaster mistake... RRS feed

• Question

• I sincerely hope someone can help me with the next issue:

Our company bought 11 laptops with Windows 7 Pro licenses. Since it is a hell of a job  configuring each of them, I've decided to create one basic machine and let the vendow put this image to all eleven machines. Not realizing that we would be using just one license for all eleven machines things seemed to be just fine, untiol recently two of those machiens started complaining about not being genuine Windows. I've called support about this how to validate and registrate windxows again with the correct license code, but all they could offer me is to reinstall and configer those eleven machines. 

I'm really sick to the stomach from this. Does anybody have an idea how to undo the registration and reregister those machines again?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:17 PM

Answers

• If you go to Control Panel\System and Security\System you should be able to change the product keys in the Windows Activation section.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:46 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:40 PM
  • DominicP is correct.  Just go to each PC and change the Product key to the one listed on the sticker on the side, bottom or (for some laptops) the battery compartment of that PC.

Note: after changing the Product keys, you may need to Activate each Windows using the By Phone method.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:46 PM

All replies

• "Ron Tuijnman" wrote in message news:e952c5ab-859f-485e-9022-935f844d8640...

I sincerely hope someone can help me with the next issue:

Our company bought 11 laptops with Windows 7 Pro licenses. Since it is a hell of a job  configuring each of them, I've decided to create one basic machine and let the vendow put this image to all eleven machines. Not realizing that we would be using just one license for all eleven machines things seemed to be just fine, untiol recently two of those machiens started complaining about not being genuine Windows. I've called support about this how to validate and registrate windxows again with the correct license code, but all they could offer me is to reinstall and configer those eleven machines. 

I'm really sick to the stomach from this. Does anybody have an idea how to undo the registration and reregister those machines again?

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Please post the report from one of the affected (non-genuine) machines.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:24 PM
  • DominicP is correct.  Just go to each PC and change the Product key to the one listed on the sticker on the side, bottom or (for some laptops) the battery compartment of that PC.

Note: after changing the Product keys, you may need to Activate each Windows using the By Phone method.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:46 PM