none
OCS Application Properties page URL returns 'The page cannot be displayed' in browser RRS feed

• Question

• OCS TIMC Standard successfully installed on Server 2003sp1.  No errors in application in event viewer.  NTfilemon shows success whenever http://localhost/WelcomeToOcs/WelcomeToOcs.speax is launched through browser.  Checked IIS log shows:  """#Fields: date time s-sitename s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status
    2007-06-13 19:18:24 W3SVC1 127.0.0.1 GET /WelcomeToOcs/WelcomeToOcs.speax - 80 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+SV1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+.NET+CLR+3.0.04506.30) 200 0 0.""" There are no associations to .speax (MIME or Application extensions) in IIS Web Site Advanced properties although I did add one with the following properties Executable:  C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll   Extension:  .speax  (based on a previous version of the beta).  I would like to hear recommedations on what's next.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 7:35 PM

Answers

• You say that you've installed TIMC.  Have you installed Speech Server?  Did it complete successfully?

As with previous betas, the installer should have created a mapping for .speax both with IIS and with ASP.Net.

Is Speech Server running?  "sc query msspeechservice" should report "RUNNING". 

Is this still a default install, or have you changed any settings?  In particular, is WelcomeToOcs still listed as an application in the admin console and is it still enabled?

Assuming that WelcomeToOcs is an enabled application, on W2k3 it should be activated when Speech Server starts and you should get a message "Active TAH worker process (PID XXX) has successfully started ..."  Do you get this message?  If you don't then you should get a warning or error instead, up to 45 secs after SpeechService starts (SpeechService deliberately does not fail to start if an application URL can't be accessed).

GET to .speax has never been supported - the installer doesn't include GET in the IIS & ASP.Net configs - so I'm not sure what previous advice you're following.  If you were to add GET manually then you would hit Speech Server code and this would reject the request.

If all the above looks ok, have you configured a TIMC Sip Peer and added it to the Trusted Sip Peer list?

Something must be declining your incoming call.  If it were getting through to SpeechServer there would be an error in the event log.  The same should be true for TIMC.  I don't know what the IntervoiceTIM would log if it has to reject the call.

Monday, June 18, 2007 10:19 AM

All replies

• Please give more details as to what is failing.  http://localhost/WelcomeToOcs/WelcomeToOcs.speax only accepts HTTP POST, so will reject GET requests from IE.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:27 PM
  • In the previous versions of the beta(s) we have followed MS's method for testing to see if can actually reach the .speax application by lauching the .speax URL through IE.  I'm not sure if your trying to tell me that this method is now not supported.  As far as additional details, there are none.  No errors, no warnings from any logs we have.  NTfilemon shows no failures, just successes.  When the pilot number to the application is called we get a fast busy.  Using MTCtrace and MTvalidator untilities we have verified the T1 is functioning correctly. We have run previous production and beta Microsoft Speech Server products over the same trunk groups with no problems.  There are no PBX alarms and no Dialogic or IntervoiceTIM errors.   Please send us specific testing requests so we can provide details  you are looking for.  Thank you.
    Saturday, June 16, 2007 5:18 PM
  • You say that you've installed TIMC.  Have you installed Speech Server?  Did it complete successfully?

As with previous betas, the installer should have created a mapping for .speax both with IIS and with ASP.Net.

Is Speech Server running?  "sc query msspeechservice" should report "RUNNING". 

Is this still a default install, or have you changed any settings?  In particular, is WelcomeToOcs still listed as an application in the admin console and is it still enabled?

Assuming that WelcomeToOcs is an enabled application, on W2k3 it should be activated when Speech Server starts and you should get a message "Active TAH worker process (PID XXX) has successfully started ..."  Do you get this message?  If you don't then you should get a warning or error instead, up to 45 secs after SpeechService starts (SpeechService deliberately does not fail to start if an application URL can't be accessed).

GET to .speax has never been supported - the installer doesn't include GET in the IIS & ASP.Net configs - so I'm not sure what previous advice you're following.  If you were to add GET manually then you would hit Speech Server code and this would reject the request.

If all the above looks ok, have you configured a TIMC Sip Peer and added it to the Trusted Sip Peer list?

Something must be declining your incoming call.  If it were getting through to SpeechServer there would be an error in the event log.  The same should be true for TIMC.  I don't know what the IntervoiceTIM would log if it has to reject the call.

Monday, June 18, 2007 10:19 AM
  • I'm sorry, my previous post needed clarification:

The installation of Speech Server was successful.  At one point, I uninstalled and reinstalled the OCS Beta when we were not having any success with the WelcomeToOcs or our in-house application.

I noted your comment:  "As with previous betas, the installer should have created a mapping for .speax both with IIS and with ASP.Net", however that does not seem to be the case in our installations with the exception of MS 2004 R2, MSS 2007 Beta and MSS 2007 Beta Refresh. 

YES to all the following questions.  Is Speech Server running?  "sc query msspeechservice" should report "RUNNING".    Is this still a default install, or have you changed any settings?  In particular, is WelcomeToOcs still listed as an application in the admin console and is it still enabled? Assuming that WelcomeToOcs is an enabled application, on W2k3 it should be activated when Speech Server starts and you should get a message "Active TAH worker process (PID XXX) has successfully started ..."  Do you get this message?  If you don't then you should get a warning or error instead, up to 45 secs after SpeechService starts (SpeechService deliberately does not fail to start if an application URL can't be accessed).  If all the above looks ok, have you configured a TIMC Sip Peer and added it to the Trusted Sip Peer list?

Something must be declining your incoming call.  If it were getting through to SpeechServer there would be an error in the event log.  The same should be true for TIMC.  I don't know what the IntervoiceTIM would log if it has to reject the call.  I agree with this statement, however, as I've stated previously.  There are no errors.

Thanks, dbsanch

Monday, June 18, 2007 1:23 PM
  • Hi dbsanch,

Can you let us know the status of you issue?

Monday, July 9, 2007 10:52 PM