none
Update SqlCompact schema when database is provisioned RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a sql compact database which is already provisioned. I want to add a new column to a table that is already included in a synchronization scope.

1. For this I alter the table to add the column and update the scope_config table to include my new column. But when I try to synchronize data, the new added column is not taken into account (I upload data from a sql compact to a sql express database).

2. I made the changes on a clean database and the provisioned it and compare the 2 database.

The only change exists in the table, where I have added my column. It looks like this on the already provisioned table

[__sysChangeTxBsn] [Bigint] NULL,
        [__sysInsertTxBsn] [Bigint] NULL,
        [__sysTrackingContext] [Uniqueidentifier] NULL,
        [Comment] [nvarchar](200) NULL

What am I missing?
    <br/>

sb_angela
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:40 AM

All replies

• the schema change is not automatically supported by SyncFx. you might want to refer to this post for details on how it could be done if you really need the schema changes after the scope is provisioned.

thanks

Yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:31 PM
  • on your sql ce provider, try subscribing to ChangesSelected and see if your column actually even gets selected.

if it is, then what changes have you done on the remote provider scope to actually include that column?

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 8:24 AM