Server Error in '/Remote' Application. RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using the OEM version of WHS for the past week or so on a homebuilt server with no issue. During the last hour all the user-id's trying to connect to the remote server is failing.

I did some research and this seemed to be pretty common prior to PP-1 -- my system is currently updated with the most current updated. I currently can't provide the version information since I'm travelling and can't remote desktop into one of my machines to gather the specific version numbers.

Any ideas what may be causing this issue? Thanks in advance -- I've posted the output that occurs after a succesfull log-in.

-Tim

Server Error in '/Remote' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:34 AM

All replies

• If I keep hitting refersh on the page that errors out -- I receive the following message:

Remote Access Error

Windows Home Server Remote Access has encountered an error.

To fix this error, please try the following:
      Click here to refresh this page.
      Click here to return to the Remote Access home page and try your task again.
    If you're still experiencing difficulties please talk with your home server administrator for assistance.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:38 AM
  • Sorry for the multiple posts -- the issue seems to have corrected itself -- after a few refreshes it allowed me to log-in with no issue (nothing else to do in my hotel room). Below are the versions -- any idea what might be causing these issues?

-Tim

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.2030.0
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:42 AM
  • Same issue as above occurred for about 15-mins again tonight. Any suggestions?

-Tim
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 11:02 PM