WHS setup can’t find nVidia raid drivers RRS feed

• Question

• WHS fails to locate HD for installation – 64 bit  nVidia Raid 0 array.   Raid array is healthy and bootable.

Setup does not have appropriate 64 bit nVidia raid drivers on the DVD and will not accept the drivers on the Abit CD, or latest drivers from the nVidia website.

System is a newly released Abit AN-M2 board with gForce 7025/630a chipset.  AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor.   2GB DDR2800 Ram.  2 Seagate 500GB sata HDs.

Win Server 2003 accepts the same 64 bit drivers on the Abit CD and installs fine, but WHS will not.

Nvrd64.sys  &  Nvstor.sys

Haven't tried Vista 64 bit to see if it will install.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:07 AM

Answers

• Well, WHS is a 32 bit operating system, not 64 bit, so I'm not surprised that you can't load x64 drivers. Smile
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:59 AM

All replies

• Well, WHS is a 32 bit operating system, not 64 bit, so I'm not surprised that you can't load x64 drivers. Smile
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:59 AM
  •   Your'e right,  I thought I had tried the 32 bit drivers earlier, but I guess not.  Works fine if you point it to the right drivers!!

I feel like such a newbie

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 5:49 AM
  • I'll have the Asus P5ND2 SE and using RAID5, same problem.

Use the Vista 32bit drivers ( RAIDnVDIA116_Vista.zip\NVIDIA\RAID_Vista32\IDE\WinVista\sataraid\ ) copy those to floppy.

Now works fine.

Sunday, February 3, 2008 4:21 PM
  • I have a similar problem.

I was offered a new HP Proliant ML110 server at a bargain price so I thought this might be good to expand my WHS to 4 drives.  I mistakenly though that proper server H/W would be good, Oh Yeah!

However you can't install WHS on the ML110 as it will BSOD on NVSTOR.SYS after formatting the system drive.

I have disabled the Raid controller in the BIOS. just using straight disk volumes.

The ML110 installs perfectly with Server 2003/2003R2/2008, none of which seem to use or need NVSTOR.SYS

The solution I found was to replace the disk controller with a non NVIDIA SATA add-n card, WHS then installs fine

Monday, June 16, 2008 1:57 PM