how to delete imported records? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I imported 50,000 products into the CRM system for test.

I don't need these records, want to delete all these records. I found the maximum records per page is 250.

If I delete those records page by page, that is wasting time. Our products price is changing almost day by day. We need to update the products records twice a week. So, we have to delete all product first, import news into CRM.

Do we have any way to delete all the imported records one time?

Monday, May 12, 2008 8:56 PM

Answers

• I'd like to emphasise that using any SQL data modification statements on the MSCRM database, such as those suggested earlier, are entirely unsupported and have a high likelihood of leaving your system unstable.

Ideally you should never use such SQL statements. There are a few cases where they are the only solution (and this is not such a case), so they could be used, but only if you have a full understanding of what they do and the ramifications of using them

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:05 PM
  • Hello Joe,

The previous posts simply point you to using a bulk delete functions, but miss the fact that you indicated needing to update your product prices twice a week.

Essentially, since products can be tied to price lists and also referenced throughout CRM in service cases/contracts, sales opportunities/orders, etc; you would essentially be orphaning the product information associated with those records if you deleted them in bulk and imported new ones with new prices.  To me, it makes more sense to pursue integrating the external product pricing model into the CRM system. Using bulk delete and re-importing does not appear to be a good database model.

Have you consulted with a CRM 'Solutions Implementar' Partner to assess and provide recommendations for building develop a custom integration tool for this regular business process? 

Friday, May 16, 2008 8:15 PM

All replies

• Dear

You can open SQL Server and  use  delete * from AccountBase / contactBase  ..

walkthough Bulk Delete following "http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc151194.aspx"

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:17 AM
  •  

Hi Joe

I am assuming that you are using CRM 4.0 and you have used the Data Import fetaure to import the records into the system. Please go through the following article to understand how you can delete records imported using Data Import feature of Titan.

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/comments/8421852.aspx

Thanks

Abhishek

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:21 AM
  • Imran,

I'm trying to walkthough Bulk Delete, and I think you have already read my post CRM SDK for bulk delete

I can not make that work.

Thank you for your help.
    Joe
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:09 PM
  • Abhishek,

Thank you for such a great article. That is what we really want to do

But I can not find such a option called "Delete imported records" in my CRM.
    The virtual PC version didn't have it neither. Where can I add this function in?

Is that a plug-in?

Thank you,
    Joe
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:14 PM
  • I'd like to emphasise that using any SQL data modification statements on the MSCRM database, such as those suggested earlier, are entirely unsupported and have a high likelihood of leaving your system unstable.

Ideally you should never use such SQL statements. There are a few cases where they are the only solution (and this is not such a case), so they could be used, but only if you have a full understanding of what they do and the ramifications of using them

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:05 PM
  • Hello Joe,

The previous posts simply point you to using a bulk delete functions, but miss the fact that you indicated needing to update your product prices twice a week.

Essentially, since products can be tied to price lists and also referenced throughout CRM in service cases/contracts, sales opportunities/orders, etc; you would essentially be orphaning the product information associated with those records if you deleted them in bulk and imported new ones with new prices.  To me, it makes more sense to pursue integrating the external product pricing model into the CRM system. Using bulk delete and re-importing does not appear to be a good database model.

Have you consulted with a CRM 'Solutions Implementar' Partner to assess and provide recommendations for building develop a custom integration tool for this regular business process? 

Friday, May 16, 2008 8:15 PM