validation failing help me???? RRS feed

• Question

• hi all

my computer is set to recieve update immediately.

i was downloading an update to check if the computer is a copy or is genuine.

i downloaded the update installed it and chart to check the pc.

after a while it said "unable to complete validation check".

a message keeps appearing when i switch on my pc and is getting quite annoying

the computer is a laptop.

manufacturer: toshiba

model: toshiba equium a60-692

ie explorer: 7

can some body  help my pc!!!!!!

Monday, July 2, 2007 5:58 PM

Answers

• Samee786,

Please rerun the mgadiag utility, and when it completes, go to the Windows tab, and click on the "Resolve" button.  The utility may be able to correct the Cryptographic errors that are preventing proper operation of Windows.  Please follow any instructions displayed.  Then, restart the computer, rerun the mgadiag utility, and then repost the fresh report to see if the Validation Status has changed from Cryptogrpahic Errors to something else.

Some bad news:  please note that the mgadiag utility is identifying your installation of Office 2007 Enterprise as being Nongenuine (Office Status:  108 means Blocked Volume Licensing Key).  If this comes as a surprise to you, please return to the place of purchase and demand either genuine Office software or a refund.  In any case, please uninstall the nongenuine Office 2007 Ent installation from your computer.

On a computer like yours from a major manufactuer, it's not uncommon for the installed Product Key to be different from the Product Key on the Certificate of Authenticity.  This is a normal condition due to how major manuacturers install XP on the thousands of computers they build every day.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 2:06 PM

All replies

• Samee786,

Please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of  Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Monday, July 2, 2007 6:45 PM
  • after copying the information in step 1 the results are below:
    Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Cryptographic Errors Detected
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-*****-*****-*****
    Windows Product Key Hash: *******+***********/******=
    Windows Product ID: 55277-OEM-2111907-00111
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom
    ID: {A9B1FCF2-6A27-4558-AD6A-56502803A63B}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80096010
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 5
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 108 Invalid VLK
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-2993-80070002_B4D0AA8B-531-645_025D1FF3-171-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\setupapi.dll

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{A9B1FCF2-6A27-4558-AD6A-56502803A63B}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-JFP8W</PKey><PID>55277-OEM-2111907-00111</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3297656426-927921923-4023230256</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Model>EQUIUM A60</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Version>Version 1.90</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20050304000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>TOSHIBA,TOSHIBA</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>32B43F07018400E2</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>TOSHIBA</name><model>Personal Computer</model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>108</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>108</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>B1C89170AAAFD86</Val><Hash>8hEU42RNBeY33qGQBhzpemkI4Dw=</Hash><Pid>89388-707-0391915-65343</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

windows xp home edition with service pack 2 installed
    i am NOT able to read if it is OEM or retail on the laptop because all of the black words have disappered this may be because of the laptops heat.
    i have a recovery disk for the computer that is what i use to recovery the computer if this helps.

i think it had the manufacturers name "TOSHIBA" written there and i think with the operating system name e.g windows xp home edition

once i had downloaded the file as you have told me to do so and after clicking continue the product key did NOT match what was on the bottom of thee laptop.

thanks reply soon.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 10:39 AM
  • Samee786,

Please rerun the mgadiag utility, and when it completes, go to the Windows tab, and click on the "Resolve" button.  The utility may be able to correct the Cryptographic errors that are preventing proper operation of Windows.  Please follow any instructions displayed.  Then, restart the computer, rerun the mgadiag utility, and then repost the fresh report to see if the Validation Status has changed from Cryptogrpahic Errors to something else.

Some bad news:  please note that the mgadiag utility is identifying your installation of Office 2007 Enterprise as being Nongenuine (Office Status:  108 means Blocked Volume Licensing Key).  If this comes as a surprise to you, please return to the place of purchase and demand either genuine Office software or a refund.  In any case, please uninstall the nongenuine Office 2007 Ent installation from your computer.

On a computer like yours from a major manufactuer, it's not uncommon for the installed Product Key to be different from the Product Key on the Certificate of Authenticity.  This is a normal condition due to how major manuacturers install XP on the thousands of computers they build every day.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 2:06 PM
  • i above read what you have said and will run the mgadiag utility again and if that does not work then i will contact my computer manufacturer to get a GENUINE key, or might contact Microsoft for further information on what to do next.

i will reply back soon after i have ran the tool again, with the results.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 2:38 PM