Synchronising more than 2 computers using SyncToy 2.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to synchronise a folder of files on 3 computers using SyncToy 2.1 and a USB drive.

Can I use one folder pair to sync with all the 3 (or more) computers or do I need to use a different folder pair for each computer.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

V
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,
        Obviously you could not sync 3 computers with 1 folder pairs, as in 1 folder pairs, there are only 2 folders, left and right folder.
    But if you want the folder to be synced among 3 computers, you could create 2 folder pairs with network connection, Computer1<->Computer2, Computer2<->Computer3. Set action as Synchronize, run sync with folder pair1 then folder pair 2,  then sync with folder pair1 again for getting changes from couputer 3 to computer1.
         If you want to use USB drive as the connection media, at least you need to install SyncToy on each machine. Create a folder pairs on each machine, one folder is your computer folder, the other is the USB folder. Use this USB drive run sync on computer 1 then computer2, then computer3, then back to computer1 again.

Thanks,
    Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 6:54 AM