Problem E-mail Client "IPv4 address 0.0.0.0 and IPv6 address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I found the error when i try to config email client and input the intranet address as below details;

IPv4 address 0.0.0.0 and IPv6 address::0 are unspecified addresses that cannot be used as a target address. Parameter name :hostNameOrAddress

Thanks in advance for the suggestion.

Monday, November 8, 2010 8:05 AM

Answers

• Hi

I have uninstalled it and it worked fine. Thank you for all of you.

• Marked as answer by OrdinaryGal Friday, December 10, 2010 9:51 AM
    Friday, December 10, 2010 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Are you trying to Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook or the Email Router?

If you are trying to configure CRM for Outlook please use the following URL - http://MYCRMSERVER:5555

This should do the trick

Tony

Your Trusted Technology Partner
    Monday, November 8, 2010 11:14 AM
  • Hi,

I have input it as above mentioned. But, still error waring. How could i do ?  Thank you

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 1:25 AM
  • I have tested with windown 7 and worked fine. This error alert only XP version. Anyone know about this. Please help. Thanks in advance

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:34 AM
  • I think you might be in the wrong forum.  This forum is for the Dynamics CRM product.  If you are trying to take some action related to the Dynamics CRM product, please provide more details as we are having some trouble understanding what you are trying to do.

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:17 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:26 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 5:26 PM
  • Hi donna,

I'm sorry for posted here. Please let me know the way to go that forum.  For the problem as

I have installed email client to my pc(XP Version) and tried to connected to the web addresses as;

http://servername:5555.  and then, got that error.  Please suggestion. Thanks in advance

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:47 AM
  • No need to apologize.  What e-mail client have you installed?  Do you mean that you installed the CRM Outlook Client?  If so, are you able to connnect to the CRM server from a Web browser on the XP machine using the following URL

http://servername:5555

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:26 PM
  • Yes. I have installed CRM Outlook client. I can't configure outlook client for connect to the CRM server. Thank you
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:37 AM
  • OrdinaryGal,

In which Office version do you install ? Which CRM Outlook do you install, do you try reinstall on it ? Did you update Roll up ? Do you access crm server by IE browse.

Pls give everyone for more information.

Regards

Vinh Nguyen

Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:16 AM
  • hi,

Please open the log file and search toward the bottom of the file for the last error message.  You can search on the word error.  the log file location on the machine is

C:\Documents and Settings\InstallingUserName\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs

The name of the file you want to view will be something like 'crm40setup.log'

There can be several reasons why the installation fails and the log file should point you in the right direction.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:03 PM
  • Hi

I have uninstalled it and it worked fine. Thank you for all of you.

• Marked as answer by OrdinaryGal Friday, December 10, 2010 9:51 AM
    Friday, December 10, 2010 9:50 AM