Live Mesh and Vista64 ultimate? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone got Live Mesh working on Vista64 ultimate?

I am having the perpetual "starting ..... not started" scenario.

Thanks

Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As you may already know (it sounds as though you may have surveyed the forums) this is a symptom of a number of different problems.  In order to know which problem you're hitting, we'll need to take a look at the Live Mesh logs.  Please go ahead and submit a bug with your logs attached (instructions), then post the Connect Feedback ID here for others to validate.

Thanks,

Ben.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As you may already know (it sounds as though you may have surveyed the forums) this is a symptom of a number of different problems.  In order to know which problem you're hitting, we'll need to take a look at the Live Mesh logs.  Please go ahead and submit a bug with your logs attached (instructions), then post the Connect Feedback ID here for others to validate.

Thanks,

Ben.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:10 PM
  • I've gone ahead and marked Ben's post as the Answer. Please do submit your logs for evaluation/investigation.

To specifically answer your question, yes, I have it running on Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Friday, January 30, 2009 4:59 PM
  • Thanks Steve, and Ben.

I am glad it does work for you Steve.

I have submitted it; I think the ID is 405084.

Thanks,

Bob
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 9:17 AM
  • OK, here's a turnup for the books:

I switched my system off last night because it was so hot here (35+ deg C). I turned it on this evening and lo and behold Live Mesh asked me to log in. I did so and now it all works!

I don't knwo if there was some windows update that happened that made it work or what.

So, now I am happily syncing stuff!

Bob
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:06 PM
  • Dr Bob said:

OK, here's a turnup for the books:

I switched my system off last night because it was so hot here (35+ deg C). I turned it on this evening and lo and behold Live Mesh asked me to log in. I did so and now it all works!

I don't knwo if there was some windows update that happened that made it work or what.

So, now I am happily syncing stuff!

Bob

Let's blame it on the heat, or perhaps Gremlins. :-)
    Send some of that heat up north, okay? It's been rather cold here in the NE USA of late! Tonight it is expected to drop to -12C - it is currently -1C outside in my area.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Definitely the heat!!

Love to share it with you, on average it woudl be quite nice.

Bob
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 11:32 AM
  • Dr Bob said:

Definitely the heat!!

Love to share it with you, on average it woudl be quite nice.

Bob

I'd like the average! :-)
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 4:53 PM