Downgrade from Vista Home Premium to XP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone - I have a similar problem re this topic of Vista to XP. Mine is slightly different so I hope someone can help. I have an EIsystems PC from PC World which was preloaded with XP but came with a free Vista Home Premium cd which I subsequently loaded. Due to problems I want to revert to XP but as it was preloaded - no chance. How an I achieve this downgrade. PC world are not interested nor is the PC manufacturer.
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 5:19 PM

Answers

• "Tarkaboy" wrote in message news:e98ac8d2-af49-4e65-82d9-46480ef48514...
    Hi everyone - I have a similar problem re this topic of Vista to XP. Mine is slightly different so I hope someone can help. I have an EIsystems PC from PC World which was preloaded with XP but came with a free Vista Home Premium cd which I subsequently loaded. Due to problems I want to revert to XP but as it was preloaded - no chance. How an I achieve this downgrade. PC world are not interested nor is the PC manufacturer.

The manufacturer should be able to provide recovery disks for the PC.
    If not, then see if you have a COA sticker for XP on your machine and the key is legible (do not post it!). If so, it will tell you the version and edition of Windows for which the key is valid. You will need to find someone with an MS hologrammed OEM copy of Windows that matches yours - you can borrow their disk, copy it and use that to install Windows on your machine/ You'll then have to find and install drivers for the hardware.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 7, 2010 12:16 AM
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 8:12 PM

All replies

• "Tarkaboy" wrote in message news:e98ac8d2-af49-4e65-82d9-46480ef48514...
    Hi everyone - I have a similar problem re this topic of Vista to XP. Mine is slightly different so I hope someone can help. I have an EIsystems PC from PC World which was preloaded with XP but came with a free Vista Home Premium cd which I subsequently loaded. Due to problems I want to revert to XP but as it was preloaded - no chance. How an I achieve this downgrade. PC world are not interested nor is the PC manufacturer.

The manufacturer should be able to provide recovery disks for the PC.
    If not, then see if you have a COA sticker for XP on your machine and the key is legible (do not post it!). If so, it will tell you the version and edition of Windows for which the key is valid. You will need to find someone with an MS hologrammed OEM copy of Windows that matches yours - you can borrow their disk, copy it and use that to install Windows on your machine/ You'll then have to find and install drivers for the hardware.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 7, 2010 12:16 AM
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 8:12 PM
  • Hi Noel, Many thanks for info. I will chase it up with PC World and Esystems in the first instance.

Tarkaboy
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:24 AM