locked
Account Address error on save RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have one account that a user updated the address information on.  When they tried to save the account, the duplicate detection came up and just started thinking, it never displayed any results, just sat there and tried to load so the user could not save the account information.  I went in and unpublished the duplicate detection (it just matches exact status and exact email address) and then the user went into the account again and changed the address and when he saved he received a generic error "An error has occurred."  I went in and completely deleted the duplicate detection job and still the same generic error.  I can add information in other fields like phone number, email, etc but just not in the street address, city, location data etc.  This error is only affecting this one account and not any other accounts.  All other accounts can update the address without an issue.  Any help would be great!! Im on CRM 4, UR 7. THanks

    Friday, February 19, 2010 2:19 PM

Answers

  • I just ended up creating a new account and merging the two together.  I have no clue why the duplicate detection caused it to error out.  The new account works just fine. 

    Thanks.
    Monday, February 22, 2010 6:04 PM

All replies

  • There are a couple of approaches you can try taking to determine the cause of the issue.

    1. See if there is some bad data in the account form. Use Advanced Find to find your company and then Edit Columns and display ALL columns. Export to Excel. You should have a spreadsheet with a header row, one data row and about 100 columns. Are there any illegal characters -- especially in the address fields? You might have to save the spreadsheet as a CSV file and open it in Notepad or a text edit as sometimes Excel masks illegal characters.

    2. Find our what's upsetting CRM. You can either turn on Tracing on the CRM server to get more information about the error, or use SQL Query Profiler to determine what data CRM is trying to send to the database. If you can do this, please post the results here and hopefully someone will be able to help (I'm not great with traces or SQL, so I hope approach 1 works!).

    Neil

    Friday, February 19, 2010 4:09 PM
    Moderator
  • I just ended up creating a new account and merging the two together.  I have no clue why the duplicate detection caused it to error out.  The new account works just fine. 

    Thanks.
    Monday, February 22, 2010 6:04 PM