What the are the main interview questions asked in MS Dynamics CRM? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Rajeev,

There are plenty of questions are available but here you go with some of the questions, please find the answers in the google.

most common questions:

1. Difference between PlugIn vs Workflow (Asynchronous vs Synchronous)

2. What are basic security permissions at domain level (priv reporting group, privUser group, SQL Reporting group... total 5 groups availble google it.)

3. for plugin deployment, Difference between GAC, DataBase, Disk deployments.

4. Difference between CRM webservice Vs CRM.SDKProxy namespaces.

5. Calling Dynamic Entities (knowledge on Moniker, INputParameters, OutPutParameters, and MetaServices.)

6. Difference between GUID and Key, Lookup and String

7. Knowledge on Java Script and SOAP webservices, most important how to call XmlHttpRequest. (Bold questions are high priority quesitons, you will get answers in google. if not ask me.)

8. how many max number of tabs available in MS CRM Entity Form (officially max 8 tabs, unofficially we can do plenty(Its not recommended by Microsoft CRM))

You will get remaining questions in google.

Thanks, - Israel Pradeep, - Software Engineer & PMP & B.I - Entrepreneur, - "If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"".
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:12 PM
  • During interviews, i usually talk about candidates prior experience while playing with challenges like:

- Scenario to design an application

- Infrastructure planning

- Workaround product lacking in mailmerge, templates, reporting, workflow, UI.

- Auto numbers

- Infinite loop 

- Synchronous VS asynchronous plugins

- Deployment Issues

Ayaz Ahmad CRM Architect | http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:02 AM
  • Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:27 PM
  • 1. explain in details about the event execution pipeline.

2. when do we register a plugin in child pipeline. give examples

3. What are images. Why are they used.

4. What is early binding and late binding. How is it used in CRM

5.How do you debug a plugin

7. What is PrinciplalObjectAccess table why is it used.

8. What is the use of stringmap table.

9.How do you set a recurrening activity in CRM

10. when can infinite loop occur in a plugin. How do you avoid infinite loops in plugin code.

11. How do you avoid sql deadlock.

12. How many types of relationships are available in crm

13. What is the difference when the ownership is user vs organizaion for a custom entity.

14. what are filtered views?

15. if you delete a record from UI, what happens in database. can you bring the record back?

16 what is deletion service? can you change its schedule

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:34 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:27 PM
  • Hi Rajeev,

There are plenty of questions are available but here you go with some of the questions, please find the answers in the google.

most common questions:

1. Difference between PlugIn vs Workflow (Asynchronous vs Synchronous)

2. What are basic security permissions at domain level (priv reporting group, privUser group, SQL Reporting group... total 5 groups availble google it.)

3. for plugin deployment, Difference between GAC, DataBase, Disk deployments.

4. Difference between CRM webservice Vs CRM.SDKProxy namespaces.

5. Calling Dynamic Entities (knowledge on Moniker, INputParameters, OutPutParameters, and MetaServices.)

6. Difference between GUID and Key, Lookup and String

7. Knowledge on Java Script and SOAP webservices, most important how to call XmlHttpRequest. (Bold questions are high priority quesitons, you will get answers in google. if not ask me.)

8. how many max number of tabs available in MS CRM Entity Form (officially max 8 tabs, unofficially we can do plenty(Its not recommended by Microsoft CRM))

You will get remaining questions in google.

Thanks, - Israel Pradeep, - Software Engineer & PMP & B.I - Entrepreneur, - "If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"".
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:12 PM
  • Interesting forum post. :)  I would suggest identifying which version of CRM they are most familiar with.  For example, developers that have worked solely on CRM 2011, won't know "Dynamic Entity."  Also, for question #8 the max number of tabs is different for CRM 4 vs CRM 2011.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Elevating this as a sticky-thread for a short while to see if we can get more good information contributed to this discussion.  I think there's a lot of good information here that would make natural articles in the TechNet CRM Wiki.  Authors and contributors are welcome to provide any insight both here and there.
    Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 5:37 PM
  • Of course, a good interviewer would use such a list to help decide what not to ask an interviewee, as I'd hope the interviewer would prefer to determine actual experience with CRM. It can be a fun game...

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com  http://www.excitation.co.uk
    Monday, July 25, 2011 10:33 AM
  • 1. explain in details about the event execution pipeline.

2. when do we register a plugin in child pipeline. give examples

3. What are images. Why are they used.

4. What is early binding and late binding. How is it used in CRM

5.How do you debug a plugin

7. What is PrinciplalObjectAccess table why is it used.

8. What is the use of stringmap table.

9.How do you set a recurrening activity in CRM

10. when can infinite loop occur in a plugin. How do you avoid infinite loops in plugin code.

11. How do you avoid sql deadlock.

12. How many types of relationships are available in crm

13. What is the difference when the ownership is user vs organizaion for a custom entity.

14. what are filtered views?

15. if you delete a record from UI, what happens in database. can you bring the record back?

16 what is deletion service? can you change its schedule

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:34 PM
  • During interviews, i usually talk about candidates prior experience while playing with challenges like:

- Scenario to design an application

- Infrastructure planning

- Workaround product lacking in mailmerge, templates, reporting, workflow, UI.

- Auto numbers

- Infinite loop 

- Synchronous VS asynchronous plugins

- Deployment Issues

Ayaz Ahmad CRM Architect | http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:02 AM