Evaluation criteria for the quiz RRS feed

• Question

• Evaluation criteria for the quiz will be as follows:

• Coding Accuracy:
      1. Does the solution give the expected result?
      2. How close is it to the accurate solution?
      3. DevSquare evaluates the code and gives an objective number on how accurate the code is.
    • Coding Efficiency:
      1. Is the solution the most optimal solution possible?
    • Coding Productivity:
      1. Was the solution arrived at by trial-and-error?
      2. DevSquare records each compilation request sent to the server. The more times the code is compiled the less the score on this parameter.

Each criteria has weight-age assigned to it to get the final score.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:05 PM

All replies

• Now i came to know about the points system for quiz, All the best YOGESH for Quiz.
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:11 PM
  • Thanks dear, hope we all will rock in Quiz.
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:38 PM
  • Well said
    Friday, March 16, 2007 6:11 AM
  • Thanks
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 5:48 AM
  • Thanks for the info m8. you rox.
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 6:24 AM
  • Your welcome
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 5:53 PM
  • thanks for the information yogesh.

but what should we do if we are unable to run it, after many tries ?

i'm able to compile, but not able to run it.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 7:04 PM
  • yes
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 2:40 PM
  • just try to use the tc or any other compiler and try your programs offline. and then copy and paste, just submit the solution even if it dont run ... but just compile your code before submission..  RUNNING is not important if yo uhave done the testing offline :) atleast you can get the points
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 3:20 PM
  • thanks dear for the info, but what if we do not provide the optimum sol rather give a working solution.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 5:35 PM
  • Still u will get ur points.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 6:11 PM
  • i've done that. will they give points for it  ? i've tried the code in TC and Visual C++. It works fine, with no problems.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 11:03 AM
  • Enjoy ur score.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 5:00 PM
  • i'll definitely enjoy it, if i get points. when the result will get declared ?
    Monday, March 19, 2007 7:48 PM
  •  Sanket_Shah_734609 wrote:
    i've done that. will they give points for it ? i've tried the code in TC and Visual C++. It works fine, with no problems.

Yes m8 you will get points,  but provided you included the header file that they give, and also changed the main to void dsmain() {} instead to int main() or void main().

The Points will be counted automatically by the computer, and not by human. The computer program will CALL your function and check whether the output it returns is proper or not. void dsmain() is only for our testing purpose, so that we can pass values to the function that they told us to make and check its return values :)  The evaluation criteria will solely be based on the function that you make ;)
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:05 AM
  •  KANAV_AGGARWAL_502530 wrote:
    thanks dear for the info, but what if we do not provide the optimum sol rather give a working solution.

If the solution don't match wit the expected solution then you will not get points for the solution, but there are other criteria also, like coding efficiency, etc etc that may fetch you the points.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:10 AM
  • good..
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:21 PM