Windows Phone 7 Connector - Documents folder on WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I think the WHS11 and Windows phone are awesome together, and have had nothing but success. So much so that I have gone and brought my wife a WP7!

So this question is really hers:

Why can I play music and videos from the server using the link, but not get access to my documents? It is a logical disconnect for her that she needs to go somewhere else (ie) to download or view her documents.

Then once she has downloaded a doc, she cannot upload it back to the server (much smaller concern). Photos upload like magic, as do videos but docs = fail.

Is there plans to integrate documents into the app? Even just a link to the corect page in ie would be a useful start.......

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:44 PM

All replies

• What you see is likely to be all you will get. The WP7 app allows you to stream media (among other things), which is why your wife can play music and videos, but it's not a replacement for the Remote Access web site.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:12 PM
  • It's a good idea though...  There's a whole "personal cloud" concept here that could be compelling if Microsoft put some effort into it.... but it would have to be drop-dead simple, and the current server product is probably too complex.

FYI, in Windows Phone 'Mango' you'll finally be able to access documents (other than OneNote notebooks) stored on SkyDrive from the phone, and there are ways of syncing documents to SkyDrive. (I'm not sure if the Windows Live Mesh cloud store will be accessible from the Office Hub on 'Mango' phones, but that would be the cleanest solution if so.)

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 2:00 AM