Acces to folders in WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently installed WHS, set up user accounts, passwords and new folders for the users of which there ar five. None of the users can access any of the folders orther than the shared folders as provided by WHS. Interestingly I can go to remote access, enter the user and password and access the folders, just can't do it local lan. I have used control userpasswords2 and see a list of users that can acces a workstation however some users that are permitted do not show. When trying to add a user " User already exists " though there is no record of them. " whoami" does not function ??? I have rebooted workstations and server to no avail. User names and passwords match WHS. Any ideas would be greatly apprecaited as I have no idea where to go from here

Thanks

Bruce
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 2:15 AM

Answers

• I have recently installed WHS, set up user accounts, passwords and new folders for the users of which there ar five. None of the users can access any of the folders orther than the shared folders as provided by WHS. Interestingly I can go to remote access, enter the user and password and access the folders, just can't do it local lan. I have used control userpasswords2 and see a list of users that can acces a workstation however some users that are permitted do not show. When trying to add a user " User already exists " though there is no record of them. " whoami" does not function ??? I have rebooted workstations and server to no avail. User names and passwords match WHS. Any ideas would be greatly apprecaited as I have no idea where to go from here

Thanks

Bruce
    Did you set up the users and additional folders (and permissions for the folders) in the WHS Console?  Also, you should check Ken Warren's FAQ post: How to fix share access issues where username and password are requested.  It's not the exact same problem as you are experiencing, but the solutions are the same.
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 2:34 AM