Just starting out with Sync Framework and Windows Mobile 6, need a lot of advise getting started RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

My boss gave me a new asignment. He gave me a Motorola MC55 with Windows Mobile 6 Classic on it. And asked me to make an applicaiton that will bring down Building Numbers from a database that is on our remote server using SQL 2008 R2 to the Motorola device. Then cretea an applicaiton on the device that will have a dropdown with all the building numbers in it along with several text boxes next to the dropdown. The user will take the device to a building, select what building they are in from the dropdown then fill in the other textboxes with meter readings. When the user is done they will take the device back to a desktop and sync the device with a table in the the remote SQL 2008 R2 server. Downloading the Building Number and the meter reading into the table.

I was going to use Remote Data Access but everything I am reading says to stop using RDA and start using Synchronization Services for ADO.NET.

So the help I need are any and all step by step tutorials, examples, videos, advice, blogs, instruction....

From what I gather so far is that I need to use the SQL Server Compact for the database on the device. But other than that I really don't know how to get started and I can't find any good step by step tutorials or examples on the net.

Please any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Friday, August 3, 2012 7:20 PM

All replies