none
More forum profile problems RRS feed

• Question

• The forums no longer display profile information when viewing listings of individual posts.  I am logged in with a valid profile and this is what is displayed --

Listings

Individual post

Thursday, January 9, 2020 10:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• I have experienced the same thing for 2 days now. It makes it hard to follow threads with no names or Avatars, unless the user has a signature I recognize. I thought it was a temporary problem. I will email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com, so they can investigate.

Edit: Email message sent. I referenced this post, as it has screenshots. I will update here when I get a reply.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, January 9, 2020 12:57 PM
  • Thanks for the follow-up.

Lately, the forums seem to be on a downward spiral.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:00 PM
  • Yes, I suspect resources are going to the new QnA forums, which now only are for Azure forums. Eventually all forums are supposed to be replaced by QnA, where tags will identify the technology rather than separate forums for each.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:05 PM
  • I also reported this yesterday and they said engineering is working the problem.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:46 PM
  • I just got a similar reply, that Engineering is working on the problem.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 2:24 PM
  • This issue seems to have just now been resolved. But no response from fissues or engineering yet.

Edit: I just got an email from forums feedback that the issue is resolved.

Saturday, January 11, 2020 12:06 AM
  • The picture on the profile coming up again, when you answer more right answers to the forum questions to get a complete profile, it is like to be thrown out from the profile and to come back to the complete profile.

Saturday, January 11, 2020 2:58 AM