Error while importing a managed solution. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone!!!

I created a solution in my development environment as UnManaged. Added a "Account Entity" in that. Now exported the solution as managed.

When I am importing the managed solution to another environment then getting below error

Message A managed solution cannot overwrite a SavedQuery  component on the target system that has an unmanaged base instance.  The most likely scenario for this error is that an unmanaged solution has installed a new unmanaged SavedQuery  component on the target system, and now a managed solution from the same publisher is trying to install that same SavedQuery  component as managed.  This will cause an invalid layering of solutions on the target system and is not allowed.

This error is type of "System View". I have created a custom view for account but I have deleted that.  Please suggest how to resolve this issue 

Monday, June 3, 2013 9:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Do you have same solution already installed on target organization?.

Looking at error it seems that target org already contains unmanned version of same solution and also contain view as unmanned.

You can delete the view manually from target org and then try to import the managed solution.

Hope this helps you.!!!

Regards, Suraj Fegade (Microsoft Dynamics CRM)

Monday, June 3, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Found hte solution at

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/83f66edd-0ec3-45f0-bc82-b63122d1ff7f

There is issue for SavedQueries. Manually modified the customization.xml file then imported the solution.

• Marked as answer by SonikaJ Monday, June 3, 2013 10:19 AM
    Monday, June 3, 2013 10:19 AM