Adjust CRM asynchronous processing service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Community!

We have an urgent matter: we have a multiserver environment (with ADFS, loadbalancing) with sharings. We have some trouble with our CRM asynchronous processing services: When we create a case the first time on a TEST environment the difference between StartedOn and CompletedOn is 30-35 seconds! When we create a lot of cases then the time differences decrease (2-8 seconds). The question is, how is the CRM asynchronous processing service working? And is it possible to adjust its setting? It seems that its max. time intervall is 30 seconds, can we set it to a lower value?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There are values in the DeploymentProperties table of the MSCRM_CONFIG database that can be set to affect the Async Service:

E.g.

• AsyncSelectInterval (Default 5 seconds)
    • AsyncSelectParallelism (Default 5)
    • AsyncTimeBetweenRetries (Default 30 seconds)
    • AsyncJobsToProcessAtOnce (Default 10)

However, I would recommend turning on tracing and looking at the logs to see why the async events are taking 30 seconds to complete. It could be that they are being suspended and then retried for some reason.

hth

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by cptboa Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:42 AM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:01 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

There are values in the DeploymentProperties table of the MSCRM_CONFIG database that can be set to affect the Async Service:

E.g.

• AsyncSelectInterval (Default 5 seconds)
    • AsyncSelectParallelism (Default 5)
    • AsyncTimeBetweenRetries (Default 30 seconds)
    • AsyncJobsToProcessAtOnce (Default 10)

However, I would recommend turning on tracing and looking at the logs to see why the async events are taking 30 seconds to complete. It could be that they are being suspended and then retried for some reason.

hth

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by cptboa Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:42 AM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:01 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks you very much Scott! This helps me a lot.

Kind regards,

Buelent

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:43 AM
  • Scott,

Where do we turn on the setting for tracing to get the logs in general - Async in particular.  

Thank you,

Satya

Thursday, November 27, 2014 9:47 PM