Deluxe Sunset won't re-install on Win7?? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Money Deluxe on my Win7 (Home Premium SP1) laptop for some time now but it suddenly stopped working the other day.  I have uninstalled it and now it won't even re-install.

"Setup was unable to install some of the components required to run Money.  Try installing Money again."

I recently had some trouble installing the following updates:

KB2529073 & KB2534366

I am also running MS Security Essentials.

Any Ideas??

Monday, May 16, 2011 4:12 PM

All replies

• I would try creating a new Windows user with Administrator privilege.
    Switch to that user and install Money.

The theory is that if the problem is an IE setting, you will get
    default settings for the new user.  If you succeed this way, it
    would accomplish the download, and it would point toward the reason
    the other did not work.  You can delete the new user later, and
    your regular IE settings will not have been changed.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:57 AM
  • Just tried that fix and it didn't work... I have the sunset file downloaded, or were you referring to the additional components Money might need?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:56 PM
  • Just tried that fix and it didn't work... I have the sunset file downloaded, or were you referring to the additional components Money might need?

I was thinking you were trying to install Money and getting the "Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money, try installing Money again" error message when you were trying to install.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827814 was written for XP and Money 2005, but one of the techniques may be usable for Windows 7 use.

You can try the method in http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/e0de648f-fbcf-482f-bc3f-819cefd08aa4 but read thru and see the "plan B" alteration.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:14 AM