none
customWorkflowActivity enhanced, succesfully updated in crm, but enhancement not showed (only old things)

    Question

  • Hi everyone,

    we have created a custom Worflow for crm.

    We did some enhancements in the customWorfklowActivity (added more InputArguments, OutputArguments entities which are useable in this workflow).

    Then we sent the changes to the crm, with no errors, succefully updated in crm.

    But in crm, still the old version, is showed. Not the newly added entities.

    We tried much things like, publishing customizations, updated the cWFActivity in CRM again, but nothing helped.
    We got i working only after deletion all Workflows, in which theses cWF was used in, then sent it to crm again. After that, the newly added, enhanced Input- / Output-Arguments were showed.

    But it must be possible, without deleting all these worklfows. This is not an option, because of this is much time consuming and error prone.
    What is the problem here?

    Thx, Greets PeB

    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:12 AM

Answers

  • Hi Sachith,

    thx for your answer, and sorry for the delay.

    No, only deaktivating the WFd wont work -> changes (f.e. newly added input fields) arent showed.
    So we need to put the wfs which use this cWF-Step into a solution to do a backup of the wfs, then delete the WFs in CRM, then delete the cWF-PluginAssebly from CRM and send the changed cWF Assembly to CRM again. Then it works.

    so i think its reproduceable.
    I think its always when we add new inputfields, then they wont be showed, before the cWF-PluginAssebly will be deleted, instead of simply updating the cWF-PluginAssebly.

    THX, Greets
    PeB

    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:04 AM

All replies

  • anyone?
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:32 PM
  • really no one, having this problem?
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:08 AM
  • Hi there,

    I guess you could have sorted this problem by deactivating the workflows which that custom activity is being used rather than deleting the entire workflow.

    Are you able to replicate this scenario?


    Sachith Chandrasiri

    Sunday, March 19, 2017 10:00 PM
  • Hi Sachith,

    thx for your answer, and sorry for the delay.

    No, only deaktivating the WFd wont work -> changes (f.e. newly added input fields) arent showed.
    So we need to put the wfs which use this cWF-Step into a solution to do a backup of the wfs, then delete the WFs in CRM, then delete the cWF-PluginAssebly from CRM and send the changed cWF Assembly to CRM again. Then it works.

    so i think its reproduceable.
    I think its always when we add new inputfields, then they wont be showed, before the cWF-PluginAssebly will be deleted, instead of simply updating the cWF-PluginAssebly.

    THX, Greets
    PeB

    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:04 AM
  • Yes mate you are right. I too faced the same problem last week. What I did was deactivated the workflow, deleted the custom workflow activity from the workflow and save. Then I unregistered the custom workfow activity and registered with the new assembly with new parameters. Then it worked.

    Thanks


    Sachith Chandrasiri

    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:40 PM
  • Hi,

    This can be a result of having all your workflows in 1 dll.

    If you keep the workflows in separate dll's it should not be a problem and is a better way of working.

    The older versions of CRM there were xml files that could be exported and used to speed up the issue.

    regards,

    Don

    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:31 PM