none
How do i unlink my MCP ID from my last company? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Am not working with the company anymore, so i would like to unlike my MCP ID, how do i do that? or where should i do it?

Regards,

Ing. Carlos Ureña H.
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 4:26 PM

Answers

• You need to go to the Microsoft partner portal and you can unlink from the MCP and Certifications tab. You will need to be signed in to the website with your Windows live ID(Hotmail, Live etc)

https://partners.microsoft.com/partnerprogram/individualhome.aspx

Regards

Kevin

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 4:33 PM
  • Hi Carlos,

I tried the link that Kevin provided in his reply. That worked for me. I got me to the microsoft portal where i had to sign in using my windows live id. After that i got to the screen with the three tabs with my private information.

In the second tab you can 'unlink' your profile from the company and then click the button next to it to update your status.

So in your case i think it's a question of trying again. If it still doesn't work then clear your internet history under 'Tools - > Options - Browsing history -> delete all' Maybe that will solve the problem. Furthermore know that you may have a different live id connected to the partner site instead of the current one (if you have more than one live id).

So go ahead end give it a try. If that still doesn't work do call the regional service center:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-europe-africa.aspx

remember if you mail those guys - which is also an option - they will mail you the same answer we did right here. So do call them because they can check on site if it works.

Maurice

Maurice
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 6:30 PM

All replies

• You need to go to the Microsoft partner portal and you can unlink from the MCP and Certifications tab. You will need to be signed in to the website with your Windows live ID(Hotmail, Live etc)

https://partners.microsoft.com/partnerprogram/individualhome.aspx

Regards

Kevin

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 4:33 PM
  • Hi, i already tried that site but always and getting an error when i try to connect. I think that problems is that the site only allow the acces to ID registered as Parners. This is the error. Problem Encountered We are sorry; an unforeseen error has occurred. Please go to the Microsoft Partner Network Web site and sign-in again. For further assistance, please contact your Regional Service Center. Any idea?
    Ing. Carlos Ureña H.
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 6:13 PM
  • Hi Carlos,

I tried the link that Kevin provided in his reply. That worked for me. I got me to the microsoft portal where i had to sign in using my windows live id. After that i got to the screen with the three tabs with my private information.

In the second tab you can 'unlink' your profile from the company and then click the button next to it to update your status.

So in your case i think it's a question of trying again. If it still doesn't work then clear your internet history under 'Tools - > Options - Browsing history -> delete all' Maybe that will solve the problem. Furthermore know that you may have a different live id connected to the partner site instead of the current one (if you have more than one live id).

So go ahead end give it a try. If that still doesn't work do call the regional service center:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-europe-africa.aspx

remember if you mail those guys - which is also an option - they will mail you the same answer we did right here. So do call them because they can check on site if it works.

Maurice

Maurice
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 6:30 PM
  • I've the same error.

How can i remove my MCP ID from my last company ?

thanks

• Proposed as answer by Sophie Zed Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:29 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Sophie Zed Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:29 PM
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:41 AM
  • I have the same problem, the link is not working, neither the support plateform to report the issue

I need to dissociate my ID my ex-company

Thanks in advance 

Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:30 PM
  • Ditto ^^
    Tuesday, October 6, 2015 8:01 PM
  • Hello, will you please provide me steps to unlink the MCPID from my previous company. Please advise.

Thanks

Shri

Friday, May 6, 2016 12:07 AM
  • None of those links or details are helpful presently.
    Friday, May 6, 2016 12:08 AM
  • Any luck?
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 9:19 PM
  • Thank you. I contacted the support team to get that untagged.

Thanks

Friday, January 20, 2017 6:47 PM
  • Hello:

So currently, is that the only way to get our MCP unlinked from a company, calling MS support team?

To confirm, MS has removed the option in our account page to be able to unlink it ourselves?

Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:46 AM
  • What is the current status? I'm stuck and should transfer my MCP account quickly. Region EMEA
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 5:47 AM
  • This worked for me after i have searched for 2 hours. Thanks. I leave company and they extend partnership without my permission...
    Wednesday, October 21, 2020 9:04 AM