CRM 2011: Send direct email button on Advanced Find RRS feed

• Question

• The send direct email button no longer appears in the ribbon in Advanced Find.  Is there any way to add this to the ribbon?

Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:48 PM

Answers

• If you have the sys admin role, then the button has been removed by a recently installed rollup or through custom code to hide it.

I am using CRM 2011 with rollup 7 and I don't see this issue.

If you have someone who does custom code for you, ask them if they hid the button.

If that is not the case, you can try removing recent rollups that were installed to see if the button returns.  When uninstalling the rollup from the server, if you look to the far right, you should see a date of when it was installed.  If you can remember when you last saw this button, it can help narrow down which rollup is the culprit.

Jason Peterson

• Marked as answer by Vivian A Friday, August 17, 2012 6:12 PM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 3:43 PM

All replies

• Can you send e-mail from CRM?  It sounds like it is a sercurity role issue or an admin needs to approve your e-mail address in CRM.

Try having them approve your e-mail address first.

If you still see the issue, have an admin temporarily give you the sys admin security role and test to see if the buton comes back.

Jason Peterson

Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:36 PM
  • Yes, I have the system administrator role. 

The button appears in Contacts, but is no longer in Advanced Find.

Friday, August 17, 2012 1:43 PM
  • If you have the sys admin role, then the button has been removed by a recently installed rollup or through custom code to hide it.

I am using CRM 2011 with rollup 7 and I don't see this issue.

If you have someone who does custom code for you, ask them if they hid the button.

If that is not the case, you can try removing recent rollups that were installed to see if the button returns.  When uninstalling the rollup from the server, if you look to the far right, you should see a date of when it was installed.  If you can remember when you last saw this button, it can help narrow down which rollup is the culprit.

Jason Peterson

• Marked as answer by Vivian A Friday, August 17, 2012 6:12 PM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 3:43 PM