Web Authentication section missing from contact form - Unable to Create Invitation code RRS feed

• Question

• I have deployed the Partner portal using Azure. I am trying to generate an inivitation code so that a partner can access the portal.

When I go to the contact page (Tried with IE 8 and 9) under CRM 2011 I do not see the Web Authentication tab/link at top. If I choose Switch To Classic option along the top navigation bar I can then see theWeb Authentication tab with the Create Invitation Code button. I am unable to create the invitation code because when I press the button I do not see any changes. I do not see any Web Authentication section or fields on the users contact page as indicated in the Administration Guide.

Did this work in CRM 4 but does not in CRM 2011?

Is there something I can do to enable this section and fields to be visible in CRM 2011?

Is there a way to access this section without using the Switch To Classic option?

Are there any other similar gotchas using CRM 2011 with the Partner Portal or an updated version for CRM 2011?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Monday, March 25, 2013 7:38 PM

All replies

• There were some recent changes in Polaris (the 'December' update for CRM Online) that affect the user experience.  The first thing is that the new flow UI forms are non-extensible and will not run scripts, so you will not see the invitation code mechanism working on that form and you must switch to classic mode.  Once in classic mode, the Form SDK has changed slightly and we need to update the javascript to make the button work.  This work is being done this week and will be re-released to the marketplace soon.  In the meantime, there is no secret to this button, simply type some random text into the invitation code field and put a future expiry on it, then trigger the invitation workflow.  You should not be blocked.

You can also use the commercial version from Adxstudio which has already been updated for UR12 / Polaris compatibility and gives you much better options for web authentication and getting your portals hooked up to CRM.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:46 AM