none
how to assign a job into multiple nodes with different cpu values? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a configuration like that:

1 Headnode (Server1), 2 Compute Nodes (Compute1 and Compute2)

How can i define the mpiexec job from the command line of job scheduler?

When i try: mpiexec -n 60 executable file and select use these nodes from the job manager, it makes nothing, just hanging.

I need some more easy usage information about that. May someone write me the correct code? (e.g. mpiexec -hosts ????? ???? executable file)

Thanks a lot.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I got this from the white paper titled "Using MS MPI"

mpiexec -hosts 2 Node1 1 Node2 1  MyApp.exe

This paper can be downloaded at

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/c/a/eca09493-3e66-4fb5-aba3-1e833c158052/Windows%20HPC%20Server%202008%20-%20Using%20MS%20MPI%20White%20Paper.doc

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Sridutt

• Marked as answer by newtohpc Wednesday, June 8, 2011 9:04 AM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:12 AM
  • Hello,

mpiexec -hosts [number of hosts] Node1 [number of processes for node 1] Node2  [number of processed for node 2] ......MyApp.exe.

For example:

mpiexec -hosts 2 Node1 1 Node2 2 myApp.exe

it will run myApp.exe across two nodes, Node1 using 1 process and Node2 using 2 processes.

If you have installed the hpc pack on your cluster, you need first stop the msmpi service on each compute node and start the smpd.exe on each compute node to make the mpiexec run in SDK mode.

Thanks,

James

Thursday, June 2, 2011 5:24 PM
  • Hello,

mpiexec -hosts [number of hosts] Node1 [number of processes for node 1] Node2  [number of processed for node 2] ......MyApp.exe.

For example:

mpiexec -hosts 2 Node1 1 Node2 2 myApp.exe

it will run myApp.exe across two nodes, Node1 using 1 process and Node2 using 2 processes.

If you have installed the hpc pack on your cluster, you need first stop the msmpi service on each compute node and start the smpd.exe on each compute node to make the mpiexec run in SDK mode.

Thanks,

James

thanks a lot for your help, i realised that windows firewall is preventing some processes, then i disabled windows firewall service on all computers and now it works :)

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 9:03 AM

All replies