Campaign Response Help Required RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Can you please tell me, that the how does features " Activate Campaign Response " and " Close Campaign Response"  effect the reports etc. I am unable to find  any change if I update any Campaign response respectively. But I am sure it is a must for the correct reports

Please help.

Thanks
    Friday, November 7, 2008 7:10 AM

Answers

• You are right, 'Record Status' in CRM is used throughout the system for reports, views, workflows as you referenced and several other features.  It lets users know the 'status' of a record and allows for filtering on records that are Closed, Open, Active, Inactive, etc.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:03 PM

All replies

• Activating, Re-activating, and Closing the campaign response affects the status of the Campaign Response (Open or Closed).  Making this change will only show on reports that are displaying Campaign Response status or something related directly to the Campaign Response.  

If you provide the name of the report that you are reviewing, I may be able to provide more details. 

Friday, November 7, 2008 6:23 PM
  • Hi Donna,

Thanks for the response. I am looking at the Campaign Performance (Default) Report. This is telling me the number of response recieved and their status reason (Intrested / Not intrested etc). But this is same irrespective whether I make this Campaign Response as 'Activate'  or ' Closed' . Looks like I am missing the correct way to record and track the Campaign Response. Please help.

Thanks once again
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 4:43 AM
  • thank you for the clarification.  On the campaign response, try updating the Response Code field.  I believe the report is looking at that field for the information.  Test this and let me know if it is not correct and I will open the report to confirm.

Monday, November 10, 2008 1:54 PM
  • Hi Donna,

Yes, that is correct, updating the response code does changes the reports, but I wonder what are these Close/Cancell/Activate status reason for responses are for...? . (As any if these status reason does not change reports or the response codes, or I think these are for manual workflow possiblities .. or May be I am still wrong )
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:39 PM
  • You are right, 'Record Status' in CRM is used throughout the system for reports, views, workflows as you referenced and several other features.  It lets users know the 'status' of a record and allows for filtering on records that are Closed, Open, Active, Inactive, etc.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:03 PM