none
VS 2010 Certification RRS feed

• Question

• I am planning to go for Microsoft Certifications for VS-2010. This is my first attempt in taking the certifications. Can any body provide what is the correct path and papers basically to be cleared?

Thanks in advance

Srinivasan

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Srinivasan,

the best site to look at is http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx. There you find everything required.

What s your main development area? Windows Applications? Web Applications? Or are you developing for Windows Azure or Windows Phone?

Dependend on that, you see, what exams are required (Just cliock on the Visual Studio 2010 Tab on the page linked!).

I would recommend to do the MCTS exams first and the PRO exam at the end even that the exams could be done in any order. (The PRO exam does not give you a certification as long as you do not fullfill all requirements but each TS exam will give you a MCTS certification.)

I would also start with the exam where you feel most competent in. I would expect, that this is either 70-511, 70-515 or 70-506 (These exams have the most "visible" stuff inside, becaus ethey cover building applications using WPF, ASP.Net or Silverlight.)

When you follow the links to the exam descriptions, you will find a lit of topics which are important and also a link to material. A few SelfPaced Training kits are available but I think some are still missing in case you want to target Azure or Windows Phones.

It could also be of interest to get a practice test of MeasureUp or SelfTestSoftware (Both microsoft certified gold partners and linked from the exam pages). These practice tests are like the real exams and if you are unsure, they are a good thing to check your knowledge.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:59 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Srinivasan,

the best site to look at is http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx. There you find everything required.

What s your main development area? Windows Applications? Web Applications? Or are you developing for Windows Azure or Windows Phone?

Dependend on that, you see, what exams are required (Just cliock on the Visual Studio 2010 Tab on the page linked!).

I would recommend to do the MCTS exams first and the PRO exam at the end even that the exams could be done in any order. (The PRO exam does not give you a certification as long as you do not fullfill all requirements but each TS exam will give you a MCTS certification.)

I would also start with the exam where you feel most competent in. I would expect, that this is either 70-511, 70-515 or 70-506 (These exams have the most "visible" stuff inside, becaus ethey cover building applications using WPF, ASP.Net or Silverlight.)

When you follow the links to the exam descriptions, you will find a lit of topics which are important and also a link to material. A few SelfPaced Training kits are available but I think some are still missing in case you want to target Azure or Windows Phones.

It could also be of interest to get a practice test of MeasureUp or SelfTestSoftware (Both microsoft certified gold partners and linked from the exam pages). These practice tests are like the real exams and if you are unsure, they are a good thing to check your knowledge.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:59 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Konrad Neitzel,

Thank you very much for your valuable advice. This info is very useful for me

With kind regards,

Srinivasan

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:01 AM