"Insufficient Permission" You do not have permission to access these records while changing the owner of the Lead record RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the below error while changing the owner of the Lead record, not for all the Lead records for only few records it is showing like this "Insufficient Permission" You do not have permission to access these records. Contact your Microsoft Dynamics CRM administrator. I am the Administrator but it is showing like this. could you let me know the solution for this? I have tried my best but I am not able to solve this one.

Regards,

Bujjibabu Tallaproddatur

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:11 AM

All replies

• If you receive this error with the out of the box sys admin security role assigned to you, then it is not a security role issue, and I would suggest that you download the CRM Diag tool from CodePlex.

http://crmdiagtool2011.codeplex.com/

Run this on the CRM server and capture a platform trace while reproducing the error.  Make sure that you set the trace level to verbose and don't start the trace until you are ready to reproduce the error because it may produce a lot of log data to sift through.  You may also consider doing this during off hours when no one is using the system to help reduce the amount of logs.

Once the error is reproduced turn off the platform trace.

Start with the newest log file, at the end of the file, and start working backwards looking for error messages.  This will give you more information about what is happening, and if you need to open a ticket with Microsoft, they will want this file. 

Jason Peterson

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 10:14 AM
  • I suspect some data corruption on the Lead records.  Turn on Dev errors and you should get a better error message.  It is possible the records were added to CRM using an unsupported method.

Regards, Donna

Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:12 PM