My Genuine Product is Invalid RRS feed

• Question

• I live in Korea, but I do not speak Korean.  I upgraded my computer from Windows XP Home to Vista, but the only version I could buy here was Wiindows Vista Home Premium K.  During the install, my product key wouldn't work, but it let me install anyhow.  Now I need to active, but my product key still gives me an error rather than being accepted.  I need to fix this before my activation period runs out, which is soon I think.
    Saturday, September 15, 2007 8:01 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Legoose,

It believe that to resolve your issue, you must Activate Windows using the "Activate by Phone" method. Please follow the below option that that best fix your given issue scenario:

a) If you have access to the Start button: Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes.

b) If you do not have access to the Start button: Reboot and login to Vista, a dialog window will come up. In that window, click the option "Access computer with reduced functionality". Once you do that, Internet Explorer or Firefox browser will open. In the address bar type "c:\windows\system32\slui.exe" press enter and follow steps to Activate over the Phone.

If this does not resolve your issue, please go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click the "Validate Windows" button. If there are any problems, look to the lower left of the page for a light gray error code similar to this [0xc004c4a8]. Record this code then run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report and the error code, into a response message in this thread.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, September 21, 2007 10:03 PM