locked
Cannot detect the back-end database RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    Hi

    I get the error below frequently on my ocs standard server. But everything seems to be working fine. There was a previous pilot installation of ocs so I am wondering if this is legacy stuff, but I did clear out any references left in adsi edit of the previous pilot

     

     

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: OCS WMI Event Provider
    Event Category: (1027)
    Event ID: 56008
    Date:  11/05/2008
    Time:  22:10:09
    User:  N/A
    Computer: OCS-SERVER
    Description:
    The WMI event provider could not detect the back-end database associated with this pool. Verify that all server roles are activated and that network connectivity exists to AD.


    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    Monday, May 12, 2008 10:05 AM

All replies

  •  

    Is OCS-SERVER also a Domain Controller or DNS server by any chance?  I've seen similar symptoms on lab machines where a lot of roles are on one server.
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 5:21 AM


  • Did you reboot the server? Do you get any other events as well? IS address book service working fine? I mean do you still see the new address book files getting created in the Address book share?



    Regards,
    R. Kinker
    MCTS - LCS 2005, MCTS - OCS 2007
    http://www.ocspedia.com
    http://www.itcentrics.com

    Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:26 PM
  • Hi,

    - No OCS does not have any other roles on it only itself

     

    - I have rebooted, everything seems to work fine with OCS except for the errors shown in the logs

     

     

     

    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:10 PM
  • Hey guys!

    Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm getting those messages as well but find no reason, everything "seems" to be working fine.

     

    Cheers!

    Monday, July 28, 2008 4:20 PM
  • I ocationally get exactly the same error
    I also get OCS WMI Event Provider
    Event ID 56011
    The WMI event provider has failed to build the initial cache. Event provider will unload now.

    The impact of this appears to be any changes to Live Meeting policy or voice routing are not noticed by the server until I reboot which is rather annoying and leads to some odd results.
    For example some users were not able to make phone calls but it turned out the call route still had an old mediation server listed which had been removed a week ealier.

    Has anyone any ideas on this?
    I believe I have all the latest OCS patches.

    Regards
    Alistair

    Alistair
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 1:09 PM
  • Hi,

    I have exactly the same problem on the event viewer of my 3 frontends :


    -Event ID 56008
    The WMI event provider could not detect the back-end database associated with this pool. Verify that all server roles are activated and that network connectivity exists to AD.

    -Event ID 56011
    The WMI event provider has failed to build the initial cache. Event provider will unload now

    Did you find a solution ?

    Regards

    Yocdis




    Monday, March 9, 2009 10:49 AM
  • Afraid I didn't get an answer. A restart of the services solves the problem for a period.
    If you get an answer please let me know. I will log a case for this later this week.
    Alistair
    Monday, March 9, 2009 10:51 AM
  • Hi Alistair,

    Did you find a solution ? I'm still getting the same errors on my OCS frontends.

    Thanks

    Regards

    Yocdis


    Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:43 AM
  • Greetings All,

    I've been researching this problem all day and I finally found a solution.  To solve this discrepancy, do the following:

    1.  Open up Active Directory Users and Computers
    2.  Go to "Users" OU (folder) under your domain
    3.  Sort objects by name, find the RTCService User, which is the "Service account of Office Communications Server 2007"
    4.  Make sure that it is enabled.  If it's disabled, right click and click "Enable"
    5.  Open up your "Office Communication Server 2007"
    6.  In the left hand pane under "Office Communications Server 2007", expand the forest of your domain
    7.  Expand "Standard Edition Servers"
    8.  Expand server name
    9.  Find server name, right click on it, select "Start", click "Start all stopped Services"
    10. This will take a minute or two
    11. Once that completes, now open up your Office Communicator, click "Sign In" and it should work.

    This problem appears to be tied to the RTCService user in most cases, in some instances you have to reset the password for it to work.

    I hope this helps!  Good luck,

    Sincerely,

    Conner
    Friday, August 28, 2009 10:35 PM
  • i have seen this in a different circumstance. I would recommend you take a netmon trace between your pool server and SQL server. Look for some delay, I have seen this occasionally with some network issues causeing the connection between teh SQL server and the pool to be lost for just a couple of packets. then all comes back.

    Mitch Roberson |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 2:15 AM