Where is the list of Currencies stored in Dynamics CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My objective is to find the list of currencies that are stored in Dynamics CRM 2013. Like say for example, if you are attempting to add a new currency to CRM from Settings > Business Management > Currencies > Add New. When you click on Add New, a list appears that lists down all currencies from you which you can select one.

My aim is to find where that list is stored in the database. I couldn't find it in MSCRM_CONFIG database or OrgName_MSCRM database. So does that mean it's stored somewhere else? Also is there any way I can retrieve that using some kind of technique, maybe REST call or something?

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The currencies aren't stored in the database - they come from the Windows localisation cultures installed. You can iterate over the cultures and get the currency from the NumberFormat - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.globalization.numberformatinfo(v=vs.110).aspx

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:02 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

The currencies aren't stored in the database - they come from the Windows localisation cultures installed. You can iterate over the cultures and get the currency from the NumberFormat - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.globalization.numberformatinfo(v=vs.110).aspx

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:02 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:07 AM