Loss of Services and Media Streaming RRS feed

• Question

• I have now had my WHS2011 (Vail) test server running for over five weeks now and it has run almost faultlessly until this morning.

I have made no significant changes but this morning I had several alerts stating that services were not running.

I am unable to access event viewer as when I try and open it up I find this is one of the services not running, when I manually restart the service it does start but stops again as soon as I try to access the event viewer.

In addition to this I have noticed that media streaming has stopped working, the server reports that it is turned off but on checking the server settings it is turned on but still does not work.

I am at a loss with this one I have rebooted the server (for the first time in five weeks) and this has still not resolved these problems.

This is a shame as I was just starting to trust this new system but it looks like I am going to have to burn this installation and do a clean reinstall.

I would be happy to hear any suggestions from anybody as to what might be going on here before I rebuild as I would prefer to know what has gone wrong with what seemed to be a good stable server.

-----------------

Test Rig Running (AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6, 4G RAM, Primary disk 1TB, Secondary disk 500MB, Server Backup Disk 1TB, simple setup no raid arrays, WHS 2100 (Vail) SP1 v.721)

------------------

murray_s

If it isn't broken don't worry I'll soon have it in bits to see why!!!!!!!
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 8:34 PM

Answers

• Given up now, reinstalled system and all working fine again, complete mystery and worrying for the future.

One good thing data recovery was easy from the existing backups only took about 1 hr to completely rebuild.

murray_s

If it isn't broken don't worry I'll soon have it in bits to see why!!!!!!!
    • Marked as answer by murray_s Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:19 PM
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:19 PM