Windows Vista Business RRS feed

• Question

• My young brother accidentally formatted my Operating system( Windows Vista Business) it came with a Computer when i purchased it. I don't have a disc to re-install it but there is a product key on the PC. What can i do to get my PC going again?
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:47 PM

Answers

• Hello Langalibale,

You have a couple of options.

1) You can contact the manufacturer of the computer to send you a replacment OEM Restore disk.
    2) If you have a friend that has a computer with Vista Business, from the same manufacturer, you could borrow their Restore disk.
    3) If you have a friend that has a Retail disk for Vista Business, you could borrow the disk and use it with that key on the sticker on your computer. (note: this usually works but sometimes manufacturers add drivers or programs (that are required by your computer to run) to the restore disk. In that case, if you install from a retail disk, those drivers or programs wouldn't be there and Vista wouldn't work. but this is rare).

Hope that helps,
    Darin MS

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own. If any post fixes your issue, please vote the post as Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers.
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:25 PM