Has anyone experienced this program blocking firefox? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have tried to open my firefox. the computer indicates its trying to open it but something wont let it. Uninstalled firefox and reloaded it three times.  I am very frustrated. I am in my third day of trying this Windows Live One Care.  There are some features on this programthat I like. But its no good if I cant get into the web pages I want to get into to open or the browser. I have gone through my security settings three times trying out various settings and its not working. Any Ideas before I nuke this program off my system? Elliot

PS: Why is it so difficult to get hold of tech support?!! There should be a tech chat link that is very visable and easy to find. Anyway I appreciate your comments if you have any. Thank you for your time. E

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:00 AM

Answers

• OneCare should not be blocking or impacting Firefox. In particular, it should have no impact on Firefox opening. If Firefox opened and could not connect to the Internet, it could be a conflict with other security software. However, with Firefox not loading at all, I suspect you may have an issue with a Firefox extension/add-in.

Tech support for trial users is offered via email. This post explains the procedure:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:20 PM

All replies

• OneCare should not be blocking or impacting Firefox. In particular, it should have no impact on Firefox opening. If Firefox opened and could not connect to the Internet, it could be a conflict with other security software. However, with Firefox not loading at all, I suspect you may have an issue with a Firefox extension/add-in.

Tech support for trial users is offered via email. This post explains the procedure:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:20 PM
  • Just started experiencing the same problem yesterday . . . and this after months of no problems whatsoever with Firefox.  Hmm . . . guess it must be my computer, huh?

Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:20 PM
  • To test Steve's Firefox extension theory, try to start Firefox using Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode), which allows you to load Firefox without any active extentions.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:36 PM