Finding a particular pin within a pushpin set? RRS feed

• Question

• So yeah I've downloaded streets adn trips here because my company gave me a list of points that I'm supposed to go and do work at. And well for the first month or so it worked out ok. Most of the places I've been sent were in rural areas with only 1 pin near them and it was pretty easy to track spots down. Now I've got some work to do in Salt Lake City, only to find 90 some-odd pins all in the SLC area with no real way to sort through them.

I've tried the built in search and all to find the places I''m supposed to go, but it doesn't seem to be able to search for anything within the information about a pin. Kinda annoying now, the only way I've been successful so far has been showing the whole pushpin set and closing out ones I'm not working on until I find the 4-6 places I'm supposed to go this week.

Is there any efficient way of searching through a pushpin set for pins with certain data attached to them?

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:35 PM

All replies

• Streets&Trips (and MapPoint) will search on the name. So the first solution would be to put the information in the pushpin name.

This might not be possible for all scenarios of course.  The solution here would be to upgrade to MapPoint (which will read Streets & Trips maps). Then you (or you could hire someone such as myself) to write a little search utility which searches the pushpin data fields.

If interested in a MapPoint-based solution send me a note (use the contact form at mapping-tools.com) - I have some ideas which are best discussed offline at this stage.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

• Edited by winwaed Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:24 PM final 'contact me' paragraph
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:21 PM